2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Did you really just create a 2nd thread for this? The first one was moved for a reason. This one probably will end up deleted.

But while I'm here... no. He's healthy. He just doesn't want to be in New Jersey/wants to be in the KHL/no fans/no players brah. He's over passing, but he's scoring, he's moving fine. There's no problem.

hausera

Feb 12, 2013
Oops

Sorry, my first post. It said it was moved and I couldn't find it so I thought there was a problem

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I think he lost a step and looks less flexible since his back injury but he's still a hell of a player. He's going to be fine.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I'd like to see, either this year or with an eye to next...

<acquired> - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Matteau - YaYo/Loko - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Zubrus displaces Matteau...

Of course, short of igniting an entire debate on Kovalchuk going back to the LW, would love that acquisition to be Perry :crossfing

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Kovy did have a beastly PK shift in the 3rd. It was fabulous.

He also showed a burst in the 3rd i think it was. He was tying to get the puck with 1 hand while he was picking up speed through the neutral zone he was really starting to move faster then i had seen him in the past.

I think he is fine i think he just slowed down his own game more then anything else.

Maybe a thing he starting doing after he wanted tape over and over again realizing that at times he was moving to fast and missed a golden chance at a pass or something.

I like the idea of Umberger. At least for a realistic option.

Me to but his contract isnt ideal

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
How do these lines sound once Zubrus returns?:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky(trade for Tallinder & Butler)-Josefson/Loktionov-Matteau
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Or even put Henrique at left wing on the top line and make the second line Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Our forwards are so up in the air right now. Even if Loktionov doesn't stick, if Lou trades for a top 6 guy, things get really crowded when Zubrus comes back.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How do these lines sound once Zubrus returns?:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky(trade for Tallinder & Butler)-Josefson/Loktionov-Matteau
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Or even put Henrique at left wing on the top line and make the second line Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson.

Rather keep Butler

Semak

I just don't see Poni coming back. He left on his own accord, no point in trading assets again to re-acquire him. We need to move on.

Umberger I can see and I dig. Getting out of Columbus could spark him and the last time NJ acquired a winger from CLB, they did ok.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
@TGfireandice Devils have scheduled 8:15 p.m. conference call with Lou Lamoriello. No word on what it's about.

Zubrus update maybe?

apice3*

Zubrus update came earlier. Nothing more going to be said about that.

Too late in the day for it to be Darche/Matteau related.

Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad