2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think if Lemaire coaches us the entire 10/11 season, but Langenbrunner had stayed the whole year we finish in the same spot we did. Which was like 12th right? Only no first half meltdown, and no insane run in the second half. Just a less than mediocre team the whole season consistently.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Message from Vanderbeek:

Dear Devils Fans –

Saturday was all about the best New Jersey has to offer. Some snow? No big deal. It meant building a snowman, sledding and hockey. And when it came to hockey, you showed up in huge numbers to see a great effort by Jersey’s Team at the Rock.

The game was sold out in advance and we had fewer than 700 no shows. It’s a testament to the hard work by NJTransit, NJDOT, Essex County and Newark, along with all the other towns in northern New Jersey to make sure the roads and rails were so easy to use. And, of course, it speaks to your dedication as Devils fans.

With your help we have sold out 17 of the last 18 homes games. What’s more, because of your loud, passionate support as a member of the Devils Army, Prudential Center is now earning a reputation as a tough place to play. So thank you for being the best fans in the NHL and for having that Jersey attitude to not let a little snow stop you from coming to root for the Devils.

On behalf of the entire Devils organization, we appreciate it!

Best,

Jeff Vanderbeek
Chairman

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah the number of people that were there was impressive. I figured some of the South Jersey people wouldn't make it if nothing else, as well as the ones who use the Morris/Essex line on NJ Transit. I know the four sth's next to my friend in section 10 couldn't make it so I wound up moving down there for the last two periods.

And fwiw the Devils' record is 13-4-1 in those eighteen games. Remember the days where the team treated sellout crowds like the plague and always seemed to lose those games?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
...and to reward you, we're having some open-access practice sessions. just kidding. thanks for the $$.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
So fan proposed this on the main board: a 2nd + Tedenby for MacArthur (which I would do).

Plus we would still have Tallinder so I would package him with someone Burlon/Urbom/Gelinas/Severson/Scarlett (we won't have enough room for all of them) for Ponikarovsky who proved himself here plus he is familiar with 99% of the team/coaching staff.

MacArthur-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Josefson-Zubrus OR Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Butler
Bernier-Gionta-Carter

So basically Tallinder, Tedenby, D prospect + a 2nd rounder for MacArthur and Ponikarovsky.

We aren't adding a super skilled winger but these would be 2 SOLID depth moves where we are giving up assets that we can afford to give up. The more I think about it the more I hope Lou gets this done. I would even consider shopping Josefson to get this done with Butler showing he can put up points in the NHL. This gets me excited no lie. GET IT DONE LOU!

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Tallinder a NHL ready prospect for Ponikarovsky? No thanks.

Rethinking it that kind of deal would be more on Winnipeg's side. Just Tallinder and a pick could get it done. Although Tallinder+Burlon wouldn't be that bad. We are well stocked still.

A draft pick would be able to snatch Poni.

All the better than. I'm wasn't sure how valuable he was to WPG.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The Devils gave up nothing of value last time around to get Poni.
I don't understand why we'd give up a roster player + to get him back now.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
So I feel I should change my name, though I'm weary of jinxing ol' Clarktard. I changed it to this prior to last season, and then he scores 30 goals. And now 9 goals in 12 games. Clearly, it's motivating him. haha

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think Winnipeg's selling anyone off now regardless, anyone can win that Southeast division. Well maybe not the Caps, but nobody's running away with that division otherwise.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
TBH I'm pretty concerned about the schedule the rest of the month, on paper they're all winnable games but we seem to always fall flat against lower teams and bring it for the top teams...at least there's no bruins for awhile.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
And fwiw the Devils' record is 13-4-1 in those eighteen games. Remember the days where the team treated sellout crowds like the plague and always seemed to lose those games?

:laugh:That was the worst, like with the national broadcast jynx where they'd always seem to lose when on NBC/NBCSN.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Rethinking it that kind of deal would be more on Winnipeg's side. Just Tallinder and a pick could get it done. Although Tallinder+Burlon wouldn't be that bad. We are well stocked still.

All the better than. I'm wasn't sure how valuable he was to WPG.

No way. Tallinder better get Ponikarovsky and a pick, not the other way.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
yep. and it all started with ditching langs. i'll be forever grateful to lemaire for pushing that.

Dumping Rolston and White were also big changes. Cleared out the old guard that might have had entitlement issues.

Makes it even more impressive how Elias has made it through all these purges. The guy can do no wrong.

Message from Vanderbeek:

He spelled Huckster wrong, it's not spelled "Chairman". :sarcasm:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
TBH I'm pretty concerned about the schedule the rest of the month, on paper they're all winnable games but we seem to always fall flat against lower teams and bring it for the top teams...at least there's no bruins for awhile.

Agreed. We've done well against the Canes the last couple years, but always have a flat performance once in a while. Last year's game against them we lost when Kovy scored a goal for Cam Ward. That was easily the most pathetic non blowout game of the season.

We always seem to come out flat against teams like them, and the Laughs once in a while. Like last year with garbage James Reimer's 43 save performance.:shakehead

Oroku Saki*

Dumping Rolston and White were also big changes. Cleared out the old guard that might have had entitlement issues.

Makes it even more impressive how Elias has made it through all these purges. The guy can do no wrong.

I could be so wrong but I get vibes that Patty is a coach killer if he doesn't like you or holds a grudge too. I don't know why I feel that way but I do...

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Elias is pretty much a jollier version of Jorge Posada

Two strict, serious gamers willing to throw their body in front of the team who always got the job done - difference is Patty knows how to smile and joke occasionally

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could be so wrong but I get vibes that Patty is a coach killer if he doesn't like you or holds a grudge too. I don't know why I feel that way but I do...

I don't think he liked that dumb **** Sutter. His game dropped a lot after that idiot stripped him of the captaincy to put it on Langenbummer.

He did bounce back the next year though under Sutter.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One of Elias's quotes when Lemaire paid him a compliment early in his second tenure was revealing, he said something to the effect of 'a coach saying something nice? That's new'. It was just after the Sutter tenure, and he didn't have the greatest relationship with Burnsie either. Or Lemaire the first time around for that matter, when he scratched him for Scott Daniels in the playoffs lol

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did he really get scratched for Scott Daniels in the playoffs? I remember Lemaire scratching Sykie for Kryztof Oliwa in the playoffs once!:laugh::laugh:

So I guess when Patty said last year ''This is the best coaching staff I've ever had'' it really says something?

Oroku Saki*

Did he really get scratched for Scott Daniels in the playoffs? I remember Lemaire scratching Sykie for Kryztof Oliwa in the playoffs once!:laugh::laugh:

So I guess when Patty said last year ''This is the best coaching staff I've ever had'' it really says something?

Very much so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad