2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It 'is' possible to take a hit in the head, be out but not have a concussion. The Paul Kariya one from Game 6 in 2003 comes to mind :P

Then he came back in the game, and scored (If I remember correct) an impossible angle softy on Marty!:laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Darche's agents comments were just trying to put pressure on Lou to see if he'd crack and sign him. About other teams being interested. Sykora's agent also said a few teams were interested, and that he will play in the NHL this season. Sykie said he didn't wanna have to move his family back to the states though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The irony is I was just thinking if Carter was out a while, maybe Darche would get a call back lol, obviously that was never going to be in the cards.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The irony is I was just thinking if Carter was out a while, maybe Darche would get a call back lol, obviously that was never going to be in the cards.

It crossed my mind too. I wonder if Darche would get offended if he were called back for Carter after being passed over for the Poni trade?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If he did get a concussion then apparently his head was screwed upside down 'cause he got hit in the jaw.....shoulder-first. :dunno:

Well a good hit to the jaw could cause a mild concussion since it is still a head shot and his brain could still violently shift and stop (know that isn't the technical way to describe one). Hopefully they were just being cautious, as they should with the head, and he didn't actually have one, or if he did it was very minor.

I just thought the idea of Carter being out is a blessing in disguise, basically so you have an excuse to break CBGB up, is absurd.

kiwidevil

The jaw is one of the easiest places to get knocked out. That's why in fighting sports they talk of a fighters jaw.

I think a jaw getting hit, twists the spine and which causes unconsciousness.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"Off the floor, on the board". Sick commentary by Gary Thorne.

Is that the one where Clement said that is a bad goal Marty Brodeur was square to the shooter, Brodeur has to make that save?

Or I think that was against Ottawa in game 7?

DevilsAnimal*

So im just looking at our current players
Clarkson
Butler
Carter
Gionta
Greene
And harrold

none of them were drafted, yet 4 of them have been some of our best players

Add Rafalski, hell even Chico, and it just makes you think

apice3*

A concussion is caused when your brain hits the skull. It doesn't matter where you get hit at all.

You can get hit square in the chest and get a concussion from the whiplash.

That being said, from the media comments I've read regarding Carter's situation, it sounds like if he even has a concussion it's not too severe. He sounded alert, attentive, and aware in his postgame comments, and I watched him drive out of the parking lot. If he had a concussion, they probably wouldn't have let him drive.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I usually overreact after we lose... then have a more level headed approach the next day. This time I don't feel differently however. this team BADLY needs a first line winger.

NEW GUY-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Tallinder also needs to go. You can say all you want that the stats don't mean anything... but for some reason the team plays MUCH better with Fayne in the lineup.

Tallinder for us: GP: 130 G:6 A:18 Pts: 24 +/- -17

Andy Greene is MUCH better. Fayne is younger, better defensively, and has better potential. Zidlicky has a wicked shot and takes a lot of offensive chances and is very effective when paired with a Salvador or Volchenkov (provided they are playing good defense). Larsson is the best D-man along with Greene right now. Tallinder is also going to eat up much needed cap space. The Devils have Greene, Fayne, Larsson, Volchenkov sticking around with Gelinas, Urbom, Merrill, Severson knocking on the door.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I usually overreact after we lose... then have a more level headed approach the next day. This time I don't feel differently however. this team BADLY needs a first line winger.

NEW GUY-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Tallinder also needs to go. You can say all you want that the stats don't mean anything... but for some reason the team plays MUCH better with Fayne in the lineup.

Tallinder for us: GP: 130 G:6 A:18 Pts: 24 +/- -17

Andy Greene is MUCH better. Fayne is younger, better defensively, and has better potential. Zidlicky has a wicked shot and takes a lot of offensive chances and is very effective when paired with a Salvador or Volchenkov (provided they are playing good defense). Larsson is the best D-man along with Greene right now. Tallinder is also going to eat up much needed cap space. The Devils have Greene, Fayne, Larsson, Volchenkov sticking around with Gelinas, Urbom, Merrill, Severson knocking on the door.

I don't like that 3rd line too. We need a 1st line winger and Zubrus to get back.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I don't like that 3rd line too. We need a 1st line winger and Zubrus to get back.

Agreed... I don't want to give up on Butler yet because he looks good... but a first line winger would be awesome... the second and fourth lines stay in tact... and you'd have Poni-Loktionov-Zubrus... or if Loki doesn't pan out.... Poni-Zubrus-Butts

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
According to the ~numbers~ if anyone should be sitting, it's Salvador. Fayne definitely needs to play, but I think the Devils would be a better team with both Tallinder and Fayne in the lineup.

Devils Insiders

Oct 24, 2009
Adam Henrique

Adam Henrique hasn't recorded a point in his last four games. There's seems to be a growing concern amongst the Devils fans. Jeff O'Connor explains why fans still need to be patient with the young center.

Read The Article Here

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'd like to see Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Clarkson as a line, but unfortunately we don't have the depth to pull it off because Clarky needs to be in the top 6.

Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Matteau could be good line too. If we acquire a top line winger to play with Kovalchuk and Zajac, I really want to see Zubrus and Poni on the third line (maybe with Bernier?), I think they'd be dominant along the boards.

I'd love Nikolai Kulemin:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Kulemin
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Bernier
Carter-Loktionov-Gionta

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'd like to see Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Clarkson as a line, but unfortunately we don't have the depth to pull it off because Clarky needs to be in the top 6.

Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Matteau could be good line too. If we acquire a top line winger to play with Kovalchuk and Zajac, I really want to see Zubrus and Poni on the third line (maybe with Bernier?), I think they'd be dominant along the boards.

I'd love Nikolai Kulemin:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Kulemin
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Bernier
Carter-Loktionov-Gionta

If we add another winger when trading Tallinder:

xxxx-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Butler
Ponikarovski-Zubrus-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
At the end of the day I still think this is a bubble team regardless of how they may fool us sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad