GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What explains why he imploded last year?

8hpo3.jpg

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
I liked random teams when I was a kid.

I liked the Sharks, Mighty Ducks and Whalers for whatever reason.
I used to watch Whalers games on Sportschannel.

I didn't know any better.

I love the Bruins and they're my team but in reality I "like" (not love, there's only one for that) about 6 other teams. It's kind of a wife/mistress thing. Kind of.

Mostly it just stems from the B's playing early and getting done early but my hockey appettite isn't satisfied so I'll end up watching the later games. I love watching the Cali teams, each one does something great and different and I like their jerseys. I have a healthy respect for the Flyers and Blues but I'm not a "fan" of them by any means. I think it's perfectly fine and healthy to keep your eyes on a few different teams.
The only one I love is the Bruins and that will never change.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Thank Christ we didn't win the Nash sweep stakes (if we were)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
His playoff numbers are identical to his regular season numbers.

He is an overrated goalie, so it is more apparent in the post-season when the scrutiny is higher.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Yup. Both Quick and Rask had better save percentages in the playoffs last year. How has this guy ever even been in Vezina conversations?

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
His playoff numbers are identical to his regular season numbers.

He is an overrated goalie, so it is more apparent in the post-season when the scrutiny is higher.

I don't know, man. He's the kind of guy that can just go on a run of games, and just close the door. Scares the crap outta me. I see rags fans getting down on him, but aren't saying a word a/b a 8 mil per goal scorer who doesn't score goals. Age catching up to MSL, I guess.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't know, man. He's the kind of guy that can just go on a run of games, and just close the door. Scares the crap outta me. I see rags fans getting down on him, but aren't saying a word a/b a 8 mil per goal scorer who doesn't score goals. Age catching up to MSL, I guess.

I've watched so so so many of his playoff games over the years, and it always feels like he gives up bad goals at bad times.

I've also seen him shut the door, but ultimately I don't trust him.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I've watched so so so many of his playoff games over the years, and it always feels like he gives up bad goals at bad times.

I've also seen him shut the door, but ultimately I don't trust him.

The good news is... we don't need him. Tuukka is the real deal. But I fully admit I was sweating when we drew them last year. Only b/c of the "King's" potential. A poor German family had to watch me RAGE, while NBC made a big deal a/b Lundqvist's favorite color every 5 minutes. Even they said NBC was over the top. While not a word a/b Tuukka out playing him.

Who wasn't drooling over Nash a couple of year ago? Richards, now MSL. Where are the goals? That's why I have a hard time riding Lundqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad