GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
This video is strangely relevant tonight:

I absolutely feel bad for Sharks fans. It is a devastating feeling that we all know too well. However, I am enjoy the hell of the fact that "Jumbo" Joe continues to come up short when it really matters.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
St. Louis ****ed this all up by letting Colorado win the division. They should have been in that spot, beaten Minnesota, and now be facing the Blackhawks in Round 2.

****ing St. Louis.

And to think, some on this forum had them as the favorites. THE FAVORITES.

(Please make sure Bradley sees this post, thanks.)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
St. Louis ****ed this all up by letting Colorado win the division. They should have been in that spot, beaten Minnesota, and now be facing the Blackhawks in Round 2.

****ing St. Louis.

Hawks vs Avs would have been toss up given how Varlamov dominated Hawks this year

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

****ing St. Louis.

Think St Louis spent most of the regular season as Las Vegas's favorite. We only became the betting favorite well into March and after the Olympics.

I bet St Louis wins with any goalie other than Miller!

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

I absolutely feel bad for Sharks fans. It is a devastating feeling that we all know too well. However, I am enjoy the hell of the fact that "Jumbo" Joe continues to come up short when it really matters.

Could be his coach next year.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Mike O'Connell made some dumb decisions and he probably never would have done what Chiarelli did, but publicly saying after the trade that he was building around Patrice Bergeron and not Joe Thornton was dead on. Despite the crap return on a marketable player, he can hold his head high on his philosophy.
Thornton is just a huge disappointment. I have no enmity towards him but I am glad the Bruins went with Bergeron/Chara as core leaders.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Mike O'Connell made some dumb decisions and he probably never would have done what Chiarelli did, but publicly saying after the trade that he was building around Patrice Bergeron and not Joe Thornton was dead on. Despite the crap return on a marketable player, he can hold his head high on his philosophy.
Thornton is just a huge disappointment. I have no enmity towards him but I am glad the Bruins went with Bergeron/Chara as core leaders.

yup. sound strategy, terrible tactics.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Also posted this in the Series Thread - but here ya go:

Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen

#Bruins #Habs sked:
5/1 at BOS, 7:30
5/3 at BOS, 12:30
5/6 at MTL, 7:00
5/8 at MTL, 7:30
*5/10 at BOS, TBA
*5/12 at MTL, TBA
*5/14 at BOS, TBA

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The Wild (and I suppose by extension their fans) have no problem with people thinking that their team is less skilled and requiring of significant 'muck' to make a dent against a more superior team.

That's cool.

Lots said it about the Colorado matchup too.

Anything can happen in boring, trap-heavy hockey games that most people probably didn't watch more than five minutes of anyhow while waiting for the next game to start.....

amirite?

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Yup. Thank god for that. Hard not to be critical at the time, we were absolutely in the ****.

Bergeron is a winner, no one can ever take that away from him, EVER. Etched in silver. He'll never touch Joe in regular season stats, neither will Krejci. But what really matters in the end?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Eastern Conference

oWrRB7l.png

western Conference

7g1lXCU.png

Sanman19

Jun 28, 2005
New Jersey
Love Sutter. Love Kopitar. Quick is growing on me. Easy team to root for. If only they didn't have Richards but even him is less of a tool away from Philly. Seems to have cleaned up his game.

Do not feel bad at all for Jumbo Joe or Brad Stuart for that matter. Thanks for the Cup.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Honestly, I don't think we really do. It's one thing to blow a 3-0 lead when your team was struggling all season and when they didn't have a rep as playoff chokers yet (while we lost as favorites to Carolina, they still came back from down 3-1 to force a game 7 OT), but what the Sharks did is pretty remarkable. The Bruins actually used that as motivation, but the Sharks just seem to be a lost cause TBH.

With the Sharks, they've had a rep as playoff chokers for about a decade now, have consistently started strong and then completely blown it, and now this. And they lost by 3 or more goals in all 4 games, whereas we only had one game that wasn't a 1-goal loss. Despite being in a similar situation nearly every year, they either got complacent or just flat out gave up. Either way, it's happened before and it will probably happen again with that core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad