GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kings are playing great hockey. Anaheim will have their hands full. That series will be excellent for fans of big hitting and bad blood.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Maybe we can get Couture now.

I'd absolutely love to see him as a Bruin but we missed the boat in '07. He's gotta be one guy they hang on and build around, has to be. Still young enough, they've tried too many times with Thornton and Marleau to rationally say there's a chance it could still work with both those guys.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Please tell me this isn't going to be as crushingly depressing as I think it's going to be, Bruins fans. Please tell me it's going to feel like every other year.

Well if they follow suit, you'll win next year....however I feel like that team is getting a major overhaul.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
They struggled with an average Dallas team and their possession numbers aren't that good. I know not everybody buys into them around here but Corsi/Fenwick are damn good indicators and they clearly say Chicago, Boston and LA are the class of the teams left. Plus Boudreau, I'd be surprised to see Anaheim give LA too hard of a time.

By the same token, LA just slipped by SJ. I think Anaheim is much better than SJ. I think the best teams left are Chicago, Boston, LA and then Anaheim. But that doesn't mean Anaheim can't beat LA.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LA can beat Chicago.

True but Hawks have been trouble for LA for a few years now and after game 2 vs Sharks Doughty basically said only Hawks give the Kings the trouble the Sharks were giving them. Then made a rather entertaining remark

"We'd go probably 10 games during the regular season without giving up a breakaway, unless we were playing Chicago"

Sharp always gets breakaways vs Kings it seems when playing

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Please tell me this isn't going to be as crushingly depressing as I think it's going to be, Bruins fans. Please tell me it's going to feel like every other year.

The 2010 Bruins' two highest scoring wingers in the playoffs were Recchi and Satan about a decade after their primes. And with Krejci out we really knew it was highly unlikely the Bruins were Cup contenders if they got by the Flyers. The collapse still hurt a ton but I imagine it will be worse for Sharks fans when it was supposed to finally be your year.

David Krejci*

Sad part is you really had to go to the main board and post there and get it locked too...Don't get why his failure matters so much to Boston fans

I never really had that much of a problem with him until he said this:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/3/10/2042976/zdeno-chara-suspension-colin-campbell-nhl

It's such a two faced quote. Like "I'm not saying X, but X." I mean really, shut up dude, you've never won anything and you never will. The epitome of disappointment. I mean it is mind blowing that real NHL players honestly believed that there was a conspiracy with Colin Campbell because Gregory plays for the Bruins.

Simoneau

Oct 28, 2010
Rhode Island

I wish I could tell you that it will be like every other year. But the worst is the morning after. It is ten times worse than a hangover and you wake up not believing it happened, only to reiterate that it actually did.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
After such a great first round Chicago-Minnesota as one of the second round match ups is such a buzz kill. Minny is gonna have to try and muck it up against the way superior team.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I have a feeling that Anaheim series will look like this last SJ LA one and the Ducks will get a early lead then blow it.

Hard to see the Blackhawks losing to a team with no goaltending at the moment. Its a pretty good and even series though.

I think Pitt will destroy the Rangers.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Joe looked like an old, beaten man. That was horrible.

There's a part of me that feels bad looking at that. But, WTF??

He could have been Lindros lite. That guy could have it all. He can skate, pass, insane reach, he can shoot, but he just doesn't. Refuses to drive to the net, not even in his vocab. No emotion, no heart, no sense of urgency. It's sad. It's really, really sad. It's like he's a little guy in a big boy body. Just wants to be on the perimeter and make his passes.

Brad Stuart? That guy can suck it. Didn't want to play here. Plus I remember those signs when we were a laughing stock.... "thank you, Boston!".

Yeah, well... you're welcome. Better you than us.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet

Wild v Hawks starts Friday.

Unless they're playing back-to-back, it sure looks the Bruins game will be at 12:30pm on Saturday.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have a feeling that Anaheim series will look like this last SJ LA one and the Ducks will get a early lead then blow it.

Hard to see the Blackhawks losing to a team with no goaltending at the moment. Its a pretty good and even series though.

I think Pitt will destroy the Rangers.

Hawks are very slow starters in playoff series ,, If Wild can take one in Chicago and get 2-1 lead then all bets are off

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
After such a great first round Chicago-Minnesota as one of the second round match ups is such a buzz kill. Minny is gonna have to try and muck it up against the way superior team.

Whats wrong with Minny? Parise, Moulson, Koivu, Heatley, Brodziak are good players and Nino and Granlund are absolute stars who are underrated for not being Canadian or American.

Suters pretty much as good as any D man right now.

Just a mess in goal thats why the series went as long as it did. But Crawford sucks too thats what really stings about last year is going down to such a crappy goalie even if they are a good team.

The 2 late amazing goals that won the series and game tonight game from depth players. The great goal by Parise that won the previous game was nowhere near as spectacular as Nino or Spurgeons goals.

Think Minny has a better chance against the Hawks than Colorado who woulda been road kill.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet

Wild v Hawks starts Friday.

Unless they're playing back-to-back, it sure looks the Bruins game will be at 12:30pm on Saturday.

Good. What is their record for matinees at home this season? I know it's extraordinary, but not the exact numbers.

David Krejci*

It's an absolute disgrace that Matt Cooke gets to play in the playoffs again this year. Him taking out the Avs' best defenseman changed the tide of that series. What's the league going to do if he takes out Kane or Toews? Awful.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Whats wrong with Minny? Parise, Moulson, Koivu, Heatley, Brodziak are good players and Nino and Granlund are absolute stars who are underrated for not being Canadian or American.

Suters pretty much as good as any D man right now.

Just a mess in goal thats why the series went as long as it did. But Crawford sucks too thats what really stings about last year is going down to such a crappy goalie even if they are a good team.

The 2 late amazing goals that won the series and game tonight game from depth players. The great goal by Parise that won the previous game was nowhere near as spectacular as Nino or Spurgeons goals.

Think Minny has a better chance against the Hawks than Colorado who woulda been road kill.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

I'm probably in the minority, but I got over it once the next season started. It certainly helped that we had a good off-season (drafted Seguin, acquired Horton/Campbell, extended Seidenberg), though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad