GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
MOC looks like a genius right now. It takes real balls to decide to cut ties with a super star (at the time) and build your team around a young French man. One of the most guttsy moves in NHL history, an equivalent today would be Washington moving Ovechkin. Yeah, he didn't get as much as he could, but thanks to him we are where we are. SJ will be cleaning house no doubt. Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, Havlat will probably be gone in exchange for some young players hitting their prime to complement Pavelski, Cotoure, Hertle, & Nieto. I'm betting Toronto is on the phone already, Gardiner, 1st, etc for Joe.

That's two times coming back from being down 3-0 for Carter & Richards. Meanwhile Philly is going golfing. Carter & Richards>>Thornton & Marleau lol

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'm not saying he is the only reason the Sharks have perpetually underachieved in the time he's been there. I'm saying he is definitely one of the reasons.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I remember the days when coach Keenan was here......dude was actually scary some nights and would drop the gloves.

It's sad that a guy with his talent could never dominate in the playoffs.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I remember the days when coach Keenan was here......dude was actually scary some nights and would drop the gloves.

It's sad that a guy with his talent could never dominate in the playoffs.

I still maintain that the Lindros fight defanged him, a lot. He was never as nasty after that.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I want to read this, I hear it's actually good.

9781597974356_500X500.jpg

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
MOC looks like a genius right now. It takes real balls to decide to cut ties with a super star (at the time) and build your team around a young French man. One of the most guttsy moves in NHL history, an equivalent today would be Washington moving Ovechkin. Yeah, he didn't get as much as he could, but thanks to him we are where we are. SJ will be cleaning house no doubt. Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, Havlat will probably be gone in exchange for some young players hitting their prime to complement Pavelski, Cotoure, Hertle, & Nieto. I'm betting Toronto is on the phone already, Gardiner, 1st, etc for Joe.

That's two times coming back from being down 3-0 for Carter & Richards. Meanwhile Philly is going golfing. Carter & Richards>>Thornton & Marleau lol

MOC and GENIUS should never be used in the same sentence.

member 96824

MOC didn't get a draft pick. I've convinced myself it's MOC's fault we don't have Claude Giroux.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I never really had that much of a problem with him until he said this:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/3/10/2042976/zdeno-chara-suspension-colin-campbell-nhl

It's such a two faced quote. Like "I'm not saying X, but X." I mean really, shut up dude, you've never won anything and you never will. The epitome of disappointment. I mean it is mind blowing that real NHL players honestly believed that there was a conspiracy with Colin Campbell because Gregory plays for the Bruins.

Same here. I'm sad for Sharks fans and most of the players, but I don't care about JT.
About the Pacioretty-Chara incident, I also remember one of the Sedin sisters saying that NHL players always know exactly where they are on the ice and that is was impossible for Chara not to know the stanchion was nearby, essentially calling Chara a lier. Guess what happened 3 months later! :handclap:
Medias here in Montreal were gushing about those two superstars stating the "obvious".

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ironically, people here are going to point to the Sharks collapse and automatically blame Thornton for it. To me, the bigger issue was how bad Joe Pavelski was during the last three games. He was terrible. On top of that, Thornton is a complimentary type of player based on his skill set, and will never be the man no matter how many people want or expect it from him. It's not his nature, it's not his game.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Do you really believe that O'Connell had that much foresight with Bergeron?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Ironically, people here are going to point to the Sharks collapse and automatically blame Thornton for it. To me, the bigger issue was how bad Joe Pavelski was during the last three games. He was terrible. On top of that, Thornton is a complimentary type of player based on his skill set, and will never be the man no matter how many people want or expect it from him. It's not his nature, it's not his game.

The Sharks were choking every year long before they got Thornton anyway.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Doubt anybody has that much foresight. But he knew he had something special in Bergeron. MOC wasn't as bad as some would make him out to be.

The Thomas extension worked out ok ;)

They misread what the post lockout FA market would look like.
They clearly did not expect the 24% rollback on existing salaries, otherwise they would not have purged their roster to the extent that they did.

How much of that was Mike vs. Harry vs. Jerry, we will never know.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
The Thomas extension worked out ok ;)

They misread what the post lockout FA market would look like.
They clearly did not expect the 24% rollback on existing salaries, otherwise they would not have purged their roster to the extent that they did.

How much of that was Mike vs. Harry vs. Jerry, we will never know.

Exactly, can't really blame MOC for the rollback as I'm sure JJ was telling him different. Tried to fix that screw up by picking up some nice players that didn't work out cause of health and new rules (clutch & grab). Anyways, he sowed some nice seeds.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

MOC....Genius??? Please, did he make the right assessment of Joe and his heart? Sure, but his return was horrendous

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing NYI are working on a trade with WSH to get pending UFA G Jaro Halak.

member 96824

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing NYI are working on a trade with WSH to get pending UFA G Jaro Halak.

Not a bad pickup for them...man has Jaro been through a whirlwind though.

To clarify before someone asks, it is completely legal to make trades after the deadline, those players just can't play in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad