GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blow it up. Fire McLellan, trade Thornton AND Marleau as they've proven they can't win **** in the 7 years they've been together. Make Couture/Pavelski the new faces of the team and move from there.

Wilson doesn't deserve to dodge blame either

Look at the complete waste of space on roster in guys like Burish , Havlat , etc he brought in

Also the goalie he screwed over Hawks to help pry loose has been downright putrid the last few months

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
The bitterness for Joe is hilarious here...The guys playoff numbers are so overblown its hilarious....You expect him to carry SJ to a cup? Its a team loss not a JT one..

Sharks fans sure deserve better...I feel for them and sure hope JT does get a cup one day, and come back tonight..

Sharks need a better goalie, Niemi isn't it IMO

How long has Joe been at this? 15, 16 years? What are his numbers in the postseason again? What exactly has he won, ever?

He is incapable of elevating his game when it counts. It haunted us, now it's haunting San Jose. We'll keep bringing it up as long as we want.

Joe Thornton, Regular Season Hall of Fame first ballot inductee.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The bitterness for Joe is hilarious here...The guys playoff numbers are so overblown its hilarious....You expect him to carry SJ to a cup? Its a team loss not a JT one..

Sharks fans sure deserve better...I feel for them and sure hope JT does get a cup one day, and come back tonight..

Sharks need a better goalie, Niemi isn't it IMO

It's not bitterness, it's recognizing a player for what he really is, and that's a player who wilts and disappears when the pressure is really on. 100 playoff points, but how many times does the guy disappear in big spots? Was a Boston thing, and is a San Jose thing. Pointless in 4 straight when you had the ability to close out the series? Not a player I'd want.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
How long has Joe been at this? 15, 16 years? What are his numbers in the postseason again? What exactly has he won, ever?

He is incapable of elevating his game when it counts. It haunted us, now it's haunting San Jose. We'll keep bringing it up as long as we want.

Joe Thornton, Regular Season Hall of Fame first ballot inductee.

125 22 75 97 ....yeah horrible :shakehead

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't know how the Sharks can move on with this core. Problem is they just signed everyone to long term extensions. The Thornton/Marleau/Boyle era has to come to an end one way or another though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know how the Sharks can move on with this core. Problem is they just signed everyone to long term extensions. The Thornton/Marleau/Boyle era has to come to an end one way or another though.

The beauty is they still have value, even after this.

Don't kid yourself. Half the league would be climbing over each other to get a chance to bring Jumbo and Marleau in.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
thorntonbrother_3203-561x580.jpg

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I'd bet any amount of money if Joe T raised a cup this board would have a huge thread congratulating him about it...and it'd include half the haters on here...but thats HF I guess..Hockeys a team sport, SJ or Bostons 04 loss isn't on him, its on the team. Like everyone who blamed the Philly collapse (or the finals) on Tuukka are the same singing his praises now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad