GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Do they Blues have to wait until after the playoffs to announce the Joe Thornton trade?

David Krejci*

"Something about Boston and disciplinary action, they’re on their side," Thornton said. "I’m not sure why that is. I’m not assuming Colin’s kid is on the team and that’s why, but it’s really bizarre."

- Joe Thornton

Hey Joe, SUCK IT.

0-0-0 in the last 3 games, about to be 4. In a historic collapse. The face of the franchise, a bazillion points in the regular season, can never elevate when it really matters. Will never, ever win anything. **** that guy.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Blow it up. Fire McLellan, trade Thornton AND Marleau as they've proven they can't win **** in the 7 years they've been together. Make Couture/Pavelski the new faces of the team and move from there.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
San Jose is officially done. Blown up. New coach, new leadership in the room, all of it. Thornton will end up someplace that never even makes it to the playoffs. Marleau might be useful as a complementary piece somewhere, but they are done in SJ. Done.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
"Something about Boston and disciplinary action, they’re on their side," Thornton said. "I’m not sure why that is. I’m not assuming Colin’s kid is on the team and that’s why, but it’s really bizarre."

- Joe Thornton

Hey Joe, SUCK IT.

0-0-0 in the last 3 games, about to be 4. In a historic collapse. The face of the franchise, a bazillion points in the regular season, can never elevate when it really matters. Will never, ever win anything. **** that guy.

I'm not a racist, I have have black employees!- Donald Sterling.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

- Joe Thornton

Hey Joe, SUCK IT.

get out! did you just make that up?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
San Jose is officially done. Blown up. New coach, new leadership in the room, all of it. Thornton will end up someplace that never even makes it to the playoffs. Marleau might be useful as a complementary piece somewhere, but they are done in SJ. Done.

Have to agree.

Sharks (Caps west) and Caps (Sharks east) need MASSIVE overhauls. They both need an identity.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Remember when Joe Thornton had 0-0-0 in 7 games against the Habs in 2004?

This is why i didn't shed a tear when he was traded.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The bitterness for Joe is hilarious here...The guys playoff numbers are so overblown its hilarious....You expect him to carry SJ to a cup? Its a team loss not a JT one..

125gp 22g 75a 97pts ....yeah hes HORRIBLE in the playoffs....come on guys, get over it already...and thats with 7 games scoreless in Boston. He isn't the problem in SJ...Marleau ain't exactly lighting it up either.

Sharks fans sure deserve better...I feel for them and sure hope JT does get a cup one day, and come back tonight..

Sharks need a better goalie, Niemi isn't it IMO

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
It was addition by subtraction trading "Jumbo" Joe.

We didn't know it at the time. We thought it was one of the worst trades in the history of hockey, but it was in fact one of the better ones in franchise history because it led to a franchise reboot that lead to a Stanley Cup and the awesome team we have now.

Thanks Joe.

Its Alright Ma

Jul 19, 2010
When he first got traded I wanted Joe to suffer every postseason

But now I just feel legit terrible for him and for Sharks fans. This is the lowest point in whats been a pretty tortured history for San Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad