GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
silly statement by the announcers about the goalie not having a warmup period. i agree they should, but saying what other sport allows that is just silly

MLB allows pitchers that come in for an injured guy to have as much time as they need.

I agree with him. Stupid we don't even give a goalie two minutes for an injury replacement.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not gonna lie, i kind of like Bryz's mask.

...Not because of the bat boobies. But just because it's different (Much like Bryz's personality.)

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
MLB allows pitchers that come in for an injured guy to have as much time as they need.

I agree with him. Stupid we don't even give a goalie two minutes for an injury replacement.

saying "what other sport allows..." implies every other sport allows it. not true. 1 sport allows it, for 1 position. when was the last time you saw a pinch hitter get to take batting practice before he comes to the plate?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
saying "what other sport allows..." implies every other sport allows it. not true. 1 sport allows it, for 1 position. when was the last time you saw a pinch hitter get to take batting practice before he comes to the plate?

If it was for a guy that was injured they'd let the guy take a few practice swings.

But I don't think that's an analogous example.

A pitcher is a good one. NBA and NHL players are always ubbing in constantly on a moments notice anyway, so that doesn't fit.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

A pinch hitter is given the opportunity to warm himself up the same way every batter is in the on deck circle...

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA

Eh...batting practice isn't the same..and swinging at air for a few seconds won't make a difference. Goalies should get a minute or so of stretching/warmups at least. Demanding position physically but being tossed in, in the last 5 minutes when momentum is at its greatest is tough sitting for 2 and a half hours...

and they tie it!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Wow! Incredible!

I can sleep when I'm dead. That'll be tomorrow morning and I won't be able to, but whatever...

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
who was in front of the net right there?

****in all star of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad