Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I disagree that he is good. Being successful in the KHL isn't that big a deal. The Oilers have taken on the label of accepting anyone to play whether it was anti-vaxers or Kane after his issues with the team or Perry after his rumored issues. Imo we would have offered DeAngelo a deal in a second if the truth of him is that he was a great player that was avoided just because he was a jerk
I think they more care about what the players think when it comes to personality issues. A guy like Deangelos entire issues stem with how he treats teammmatws

I disagree that he is good. Being successful in the KHL isn't that big a deal. The Oilers have taken on the label of accepting anyone to play whether it was anti-vaxers or Kane after his issues with the team or Perry after his rumored issues. Imo we would have offered DeAngelo a deal in a second if the truth of him is that he was a great player that was avoided just because he was a jerk
I think they more care about what the players think when it comes to personality issues. A guy like Deangelos entire issues stem with how he treats teammmatws

Reactions: Vagabond

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for the correction. I seem to be confusing those 2 players (Kemp and Philp).
Based on what you have seen so far do you think that Philp has any chance of securing the 4th line centre spot?
Not who you asked, but at this point not only does Philp have a shot at 4C, but I'd argue he's the favourite to win it. Great preseason from him so far.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
who's playing top 4 defense beside Nurse?

Likely Emberson for now, which is a step down from the top pairing minutes (and positive goal share) he put up on the worst team in the league last year.

You have your knickers in a not for no good reason. Broberg was himself a risk for top-4 performance all year… at $4.6 there was zero chance to recover if he struggled.

Forgetting entirely the practicality that there was no way to keep him at that price, it was the right move to let him walk and bank cash for the deadline.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wouldn’t get to caught up on this one… how do you make that work with our cap (unless Nurse).

Even at 50% (why would CHI do that?) we’d have to LTIR Kane now and hope for a slow recovery.
I don't see it at all. Even the article more says that Jones should be moved and that the Oilers should be in on him.

I doubt Chicago wants to do big retention. They probably like that they have someone to eat minutes. Maybe Jones wants out.

BTW I bet Jones would be great here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd do Jones for Nurse no questions asked, but I don't think Nurse waives for Chicago, nor does Jones waive for Edmonton (doesn't want to play in Canada, very US-centric person).

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
What would it take to get Ivan Provorov from Columbus? I would love to see him in an Oilers jersey

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's just for waiver issues, they intend to use Brown like a 7/8D, but having term on his deal gives them a little more assurance that teams won't pick him up off waivers.
Brown isn't a 7/8 here. They're deploying him as a 6, I expect him to be in the opening night lineup so I don't see him as a guy that goes back and forth between the minors and big team at least not this season until they add a RHD. He's filling the Vinny role.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
S

Sorry meant Columbus don't know why I thinking Flyers...
That's actually an interesting target. He is an impending UFA making only 4.7. Columbus will be bad.

He's yet another LD, so he'd have to be able to play the right side. Nurse and Kulak don't. Except, Ekholm actually has so maybe something could work

Nurse-Bouchard
Provorov-Ekholm
Kulak-Emberson

Or

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Provorov

If he plays right.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Seth Jones could fit on the Oilers. Just gotta do double retention and a crazy amount of assets going the other way.

Ryan Pulock makes much more sense if we are going this route tho. Same age as well

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I know it's a made up rumour but there's no way Chicago is trading Jones if they want to be good during the early part of Bebard's career. He still has 4-6 years left of being a solid Dman.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Do we know why Philip took a year off?
He mentioned that he felt like he needed to take a step back, so mental health reasons from the sounds of it. He ended up doing some travelling and just escaped for a bit.

Seems to have paid off!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
He mentioned that he felt like he needed to take a step back, so mental health reasons from the sounds of it. He ended up doing some travelling and just escaped for a bit.

Seems to have paid off!
I wonder how busts over the years just needed a year off to regroup and return, but because of the culture of the times couldn't do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad