2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
has London had their orientation camp yet?

I just figured before he wasn’t signed earlier because they were one of the few still playing
im pretty sure thats the case. lets not overreact for no reason. if the kid is not signed in august, probably worth freaking out over.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
has London had their orientation camp yet?

I just figured before he wasn’t signed earlier because they were one of the few still playing
They held their orientation camp back in April and he was there. In years past London has signed 2-3 guys at once and made a little press conference out of it. Time will tell.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They held their orientation camp back in April and he was there. In years past London has signed 2-3 guys at once and made a little press conference out of it. Time will tell.
Did they sign anyone coming out of orientation camp? If they didn’t, they’re probably just waiting for their 2,3 or 4 guys to all be ready to sign together and do that.

However if they did sign some, that is a little concerning.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
- Not super subjective actually, and the Linked article is his endgame that shocks no one at this point.
- He led a 3 team tourney in points in Peterborough, lol, ok.
- Considering he was on his 4th different team in 4 straight years, how is any of that hilarious?
- So if a kid goes to French Immersion highschools in Ontario they are auto set up to play in the Q now? So why not play in Quebec AAA the last 2 seasons then... because reputations can haunt you.
- He would not have gone top 3/5 if no one else left for BCHL or State side. But the Q is far weaker so it came at no shock he bolted again to get those stats!
- Demanding a trade right away is the narrative here... the bread crumb trail was there already for the past 4 years.

You can't ask for a trade when you aren't drafted. Since his dad played in the Q, Maddox could opt for both drafts. Part of the reason he chose the Q was the fact that they could become the first father-son duo to be taken first overall in a CHL Draft. It was important to them. That's also why Quebec traded for first overall.

He isn't the first top pick to prefer some teams to others. Nathan MacKinnon was drafted 1st overall in 2011 by Baie-Comeau but he refused to report and they traded him to Halifax. He isn't a head case because of this.

Top players have options. He was invited by Boston University in April, was taken high in the USHL Draft and probably would have been a high pick in the OHL. He chose the option that he wanted.

And to be fair, Cape Breton never really tried to convince him to report. Trade talks with Quebec started as soon as CB won the draft lottery. CB needed assets as they will need to add veteran talent to be contenders. Quebec is at the start of a rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

Chawbadoo07

Nov 2, 2013
Ta.ke this for what its worth according to someone close to the family Hawry has signed . No clue why it hasn't been announced or why they waiting to announce it

Reactions: HockeyPops

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Ta.ke this for what its worth according to someone close to the family Hawry has signed . No clue why it hasn't been announced or why they waiting to announce it
teams often sign kids and hold off on announcing for whatever reasons

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Might be remembering wrong but I feel like I've seen London do joint signing. They announce/introduce 2-3-4 kids at a time that have signed. Maybe just working out some of the other kids or a kid from last year's draft class.

BiffTannen

Oct 2, 2022
He was a massive head case on his U16 team. He also never led any U16 tourney he played in and doesn't it wonder others why he chose to play in the super weak bottom half OMHA league where stat padding is a premium, then goes to the Q for the draft? This new news is not shocking whatsoever.... QMJHL first overall pick Maddox Dagenais gets traded after refusin
- Not super subjective actually, and the Linked article is his endgame that shocks no one at this point.
- He led a 3 team tourney in points in Peterborough, lol, ok.
- Considering he was on his 4th different team in 4 straight years, how is any of that hilarious?
- So if a kid goes to French Immersion highschools in Ontario they are auto set up to play in the Q now? So why not play in Quebec AAA the last 2 seasons then... because reputations can haunt you.
- He would not have gone top 3/5 if no one else left for BCHL or State side. But the Q is far weaker so it came at no shock he bolted again to get those stats!
- Demanding a trade right away is the narrative here... the bread crumb trail was there already for the past 4 years.
zero clue where all your anger comes from.....let me guess, disgrunted OMHA ETA dad who's son didn't get drafted because he got "screwed" by politics?

Reactions: HolyRoller

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
where did that come up? i can see him having interest in the ncaa but hes not a high end guy.
Went undrafted, playing U18AAA next season.
I just remember at the beginning of the season I believe germanspitfire had him as a potential late 1st/2nd rounder and I'm not quite sure why it popped into my head. Didn't follow him much so he obviously did not perform

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Has Logan Hawery signed with the London Knights? There was an odd post on the OHL’s social media site promoting him as a Knight but not saying anything about him signing.

Reactions: Puckluk

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Well that’s weird but promising, I don’t think that gets posted without some knowledge that he will sign.

He seems capable of being a top prospect that will certainly complement our depth as early as this year. I can’t wait to see him lace them up too.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad