Post-Game Talk: 20-Jan-2014 OTT at WSH - Grabfaceski Edition

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
You knew when the vets came back the young guys were going to lose there ice time. I can't wait to hear the Zibby, Cony aren't producing stuff again. As long as we are winning I have no problem with it but when we start to lose these guys need to play more.

PPs & PKs have quite an effect on the TOI of guys that don't get much special team time.

IMO Zibby and Conacher worked hard but they really weren't generate a lot tonight.

The good news is MacLean left the line intact.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
At least their PP actually has movement in the offensive zone.

Ours just stands there passes it around the edges and then loses the puck.

That's not coaching, that's the players.

Not sure why it happens, on one PP shift 4 guys were like statues while Michalek was looking for anyone open to pass to, eventually just shot.

In the game against Montreal they had great movement, bit I agree with you tonight it was stationary and not overly effective gaining the zone.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is it possible to just play the caps for the rest of the season? It really seems like the sens just have their number. The caps have not beaten the sens since dec. 2011.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
PPs & PKs have quite an effect on the TOI of guys that don't get much special team time.

IMO Zibby and Conacher worked hard but they really weren't generate a lot tonight.

The good news is MacLean left the line intact.

I agree penalties really disrupt the flow for these guys as well as a guy like Ryan. Long stretches on the bench are hard to deal with when your trying to get into the flow of the game. Hey they can't all play 16 minutes, but like I say as long as they are winning, that's what it's a about. I get frustrated when they are losing and MacLean keeps going back to his vets! that's what drives me nuts :) We saw what these two can do when Spezza was out, now if the would just give Weir some more games :)

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
This was not a big win. We played a pathetic caps team, without ovechkin they've got no depth. Backstrom, their number two guy, gets all his points from assists on Ovie's goals. And we still could not muster up more than two goals. I hope we show up against the bolts Thursday.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
This was not a big win. We played a pathetic caps team, without ovechkin they've got no depth. Backstrom, their number two guy, gets all his points from assists on Ovie's goals. And we still could not muster up more than two goals. I hope we show up against the bolts Thursday.

Eh Spezza could have had 2 more goals. Sometimes the bounces don't just go your way.

We still got a shut-out and solid victory.

It's weird. In your post you talk about how they have no scoring depth and then reference how it's pathetic that we could only score 2 goals.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa

Meh, take it. A win gets the mojo going, and the Sens have had a bad habit of not getting it going against struggling teams.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Well I guess it's good we shut them out then? :dunno:

We could have had more intense play on the offensive side of things. But whatever. Good road win. My concern is that we haven't dominated any opponents (or throttled at home) in a looong time. But it doesn't look like this team is built to/can actually do that.

News flash: We aren't elite.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well I guess it's good we shut them out then? :dunno:

We could have had more intense play on the offensive side of things. But whatever. Good road win. My concern is that we haven't dominated any opponents (or throttled at home) in a looong time. But it doesn't look like this team is built to/can actually do that.

News flash: We aren't elite.

We dominated the habs, but ****ing price stole the win from us.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I'm calling you Mister Sunshine from now on.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Catfight.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My point exactly. In that game, a couple weak links prevented us from full ownage of the scoreboard, and in the end, unfortunately that's what actually counts.

Oh, i see your point.

The only games that i could think of that we did dominate and the scoreboard represented that was the first detroit game where we beat them 6-1 and that pens game where we beat them 5-0.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Thoughts:

• Andy played very well
  • Washington is crap without Ovie
  • Ryan shoulda had that goal
  • Spezza's huge-stride lumber-lumber skating is back
  • Grabovski's such a little *****
  • <---this 2 is lucky

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
FK yeah bish! We passed Detroit in the standings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 1 point back of Columbus with the same amount of games played for that last spot, and 1 point ahead of Detroit, but they have a game in hand....How sweet would it be for Alfredsson to miss the playoffs completely and we squeak into the last spot?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Oh, i see your point.

The only games that i could think of that we did dominate and the scoreboard represented that was the first detroit game where we beat them 6-1 and that pens game where we beat them 5-0.

1st game against the bruins as well I think

4-2 win @ home.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
FK yeah bish! We passed Detroit in the standings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 1 point back of Columbus with the same amount of games played for that last spot, and 1 point ahead of Detroit, but they have a game in hand....How sweet would it be for Alfredsson to miss the playoffs completely and we squeak into the last spot?

lmao. It would be sweet. Except Alfie will probably be traded to a contender for a 1st round pick.

It's gonna be real amazing playing against him when we play the Bruins in the 1st round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad