20-21 Season Tank Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I have not cared for a long time. I "care" more this year but it's with amusement. I'm even prepared to just stop watching completely when management is retained.

Part of that is how idiotic this team is. A bigger part is a general disillusionment with the NHL since the 2011 run and my own growth as a person. The main driving factor in even continuing is sharing something I care about with my kids and use it as a means to spend time together. For a long time, hockey was the only thing my Dad and I connected on so there's a lot of sentimentality built up on this team.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Ah yes, putting in the slow, rotting corpse of Loui on the 3rd line is a solid tank move.

It's like Green wants us to succeed. :laugh:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Greener; respect.

Eriksson-Sutter-Gaudette
Roussel-Beagle-Hawryluk

You magnificent . . . well, you know the rest

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Again, I've never been a big tank person but I think the previous tank threads had a 'Lets suck and get a great young player and build something great!' vibe, kind of with the assumption that Benning would eventually be punted and someone capable would be doing something with these assets.

Now it's a 'We just need to tank as hard as possible to get management fired and hopefully this mess can get put back on some sort of decent track so we don't have to rebuild again'.

And it's just so frustrating because the selfish short-term thinking behind Fake Stanley Cup 2020 and the fallout that was so clearly coming afterward was just ... so freaking obvious.
I can't speak for the others but I have been on team tank since the 2016-17 season mainly to get rid of the management, with getting high picks a secondary benefit. That 2016 off season was when I completely lost faith in this group.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Losing to the leafs is a no no. Down with the tank on any other night.

infinitemile

Oct 8, 2017
but for real, a loss tonight is paramount! Benning's going and doing a bunch of media tomorrow for the first time in ages

That media absolutely cannot be in the mood of "whooo we beat the Leafs!" Nope. Let's turn the heat up to 11 and get stomped tonight. 9-16-2 really rolls off the tongue

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks were to go 5-5 in the next 10, they'd still be five games below .500 with only 20 games left. That's eminently 'doable' . Then the mathematical elimination count-down can begin in earnest.

I swear if the Canucks are still playing veterans on expiring contracts by then, then maybe the owner needs to step in and upset the apple cart. I mean if they play the veterans to bitter end, then the entire season will be about basically 'nothing'.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
If the Canucks were to go 5-5 in the next 10, they'd still be five games below .500 with only 20 games left. That's eminently 'doable' . Then the mathematical elimination count-down can begin in earnest.

I swear if the Canucks are still playing veterans on expiring contracts by then, then maybe the owner needs to step in and upset the apple cart. I mean if they play the veterans to bitter end, then the entire season will be about basically 'nothing'.

With Canucks luck Montreal is probably going to continue on their slump, keeping the Canucks within a Hail Mary of the playoffs 'til the bitter end.

f90c932f220e882062775ffb033df38f.gif

Reactions: I am toxic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad