Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
With all due respect to Perry getting the winner last game, he comes out of Kane.

Not that Ryan can't come out, but having a RHC, someone to do the center duties so McLeod can roam on the wing just makes more sense and has worked so far.
Ryan has been useless all playoffs reason they were hemmed in game 5 is he lost every board battle was bumped of the puck does nothing

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just a couple penalty call (or missed calls) notes. I still need to find out what interference is. Because it sure looked to me like Hyman was just standing on the blueline when the Florida guy crashed into him and fell down, and a penalty was called. And then ratboy runs over Skinner clearly in the blue paint, while the play is headed up the ice the other way and no call. NHL reffing at it's finest.

Last edited:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Just a couple penalty call (or missed calls) notes. I still need to find out what interference is. Because it sure looked to me like Hyman was just standing on the blueline when the Florida crashed into him and fell down, and a penalty was called. And then ratboy runs over Skinner clearly in the blue paint, while the play is headed up the ice the other way and no call. NHL reffing at it's finest.

Hyman wasn’t even standing still, he was moving away from the Florida player haha.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
IMG_5009.jpeg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hahaha the kings traded PLD for Darcy Kuemper. Thought this was kind of oiler related.
The "Great PLD" traded?!! After only a year. Wow, getting kicked around like a crushed beer can. Drivesaitl must be salivating at the thought we could be getting him down the road.:laugh::D

Drive has done awful takes and some good ones. That one is the former lol
Trying to think of the last one I saw.:huh::D

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Just a couple penalty call (or missed calls) notes. I still need to find out what interference is. Because it sure looked to me like Hyman was just standing on the blueline when the Florida guy crashed into him and fell down, and a penalty was called. And then ratboy runs over Skinner clearly in the blue paint, while the play is headed up the ice the other way and no call. NHL reffing at it's finest.

Missed calls yes, but on both sides.

The non-call for the Oilers with the too many men was just.... absurd.

OfCorsiDid

Darkness consumes everything.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
You need to line up a few hours before. A lot of unemployed or part-time university students in the crowd so it’s tough to get in if you’re working a 9-5

Fortunately the new management at my company is full of idiots because they decided to lay me off with 3 weeks severance this week because they're losing money after sending everyone to a company retreat in Mexico back in April.

So time wise I'm wide open.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Last time I tried against Dallas, it was a 1.5 hr wait and I barely got in before cutoff.

I came 2 hours early and there was a huge line already. Keep your head on a swivel in there though, kids were throwing full beer cans last time I was there.

Yeah this is in line of what I'm getting from Twitter too.

So we'll show up around 2 because the doors open at 4:30.

Thanks everyone!

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
That cracks the door open for Draisaitl to LA...

I really wanted LA to chew on that PLD contract for as long as possible.

Outside of something catastrophic happening between the Oilers management and Leon, I imagine making the Cup Final is gonna pour a lot of cold water on the Draisaitl departure likelihood.

I don't see LA being nearly as competitive as us any time soon. Kopitar and Doughty are just going to get slower and worse. Byfield and Kempe are their only real star-level players now. Their roster is very deep but lacks any high end talent to speak of.

Kuemper doesn't solve their goaltending problems either.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Outside of something catastrophic happening between the Oilers management and Leon, I imagine making the Cup Final is gonna pour a lot of cold water on the Draisaitl departure likelihood.

I don't see LA being nearly as competitive as us any time soon. Kopitar and Doughty are just going to get slower and worse. Byfield and Kempe are their only real star-level players now. Their roster is very deep but lacks any high end talent to speak of.

Kuemper doesn't solve their goaltending problems either.

I think this is a misnomer, I don't think they're all that deep and you're right about lack of high end.

Their 2C doesn't score a lot, their 1C is old as f***, they don't really have a 3rd line of any quality at all, and I don't think they're all that great on defense either. And this is before they potentially lose both Arvisson and Roy.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I think this is a misnomer, I don't think they're all that deep and you're right about lack of high end.

Their 2C doesn't score a lot, their 1C is old as f***, they don't really have a 3rd line of any quality at all, and I don't think they're all that great on defense either. And this is before they potentially lose both Arvisson and Roy.

Good point and we haven't even mentioned their most head-scratching move of all: keeping Hillier at coach.

Idk what they've seen from him that validated that move. He plays a very outdated 1-3-1 that neuters any limited offensive skill in his lineup.

We roasted them pretty f***ing badly this year.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Okay. So rewatched Maurice’s presser.

Maurice denied that his team was “deflated” TWICE in that presser when the reporters asked questions not even asking if they were deflated.

Another Freudian slip just like Deboer’s character tirade he had in the Dallas series.

What this tells me is that the Panthers ARE feeling deflated. We f***in got em on the ropes boys.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Florida has been physically beating us up unfortunately. Yesterday we got out hit 44-16, I wouldn't be surprised if Kane is brought back for this reason alone.

Reactions: McDoused

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You don't put Kane back in. This is the finals, don't mess with a winning line-up and dont put in injured players

I’m sure subbing in Kane for Ryan on the 4th line wouldn’t have a huge negative impact on the lineup. Ryan plays very few minutes anyways so inserting a motivated Kane for 8-10 minutes could pay dividends in a big way. You’re not missing much taking out Ryan, just look at his performance in these playoffs:

IMG_3599.jpeg

He’s not cutting it offensively or defensively.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Maurice denied that his team was “deflated” TWICE in that presser when the reporters asked questions not even asking if they were deflated.

Another Freudian slip just like Deboer’s character tirade he had in the Dallas series.

What this tells me is that the Panthers ARE feeling deflated. We f***in got em on the ropes boys.
They are shaking in their little kitty boots about to go down in history as the greatest choke artists in the cap era

I’m sure subbing in Kane for Ryan on the 4th line wouldn’t have a huge negative impact on the lineup. Ryan plays very few minutes anyways so inserting a motivated Kane could pay dividends in a big way. You’re not missing much taking out Ryan, just look at his performance in these playoffs:

View attachment 884559

He’s not cutting it offensively or defensively.
We cannot mess with the PK which Ryan has been a huge part of.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012

Also note that neither Deboer nor Maurice have won a Stanley Cup despite having long coaching careers....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad