Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Point is you were getting roasted because you said he’s been bad all season. If you said the last couple of series I bet most people would have agreed with you.
I think all year he's been "off" so I'll leave it at that.

obviously not as "off" as he is now.

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Interesting quote from Maurice’s presser:

Maurice: “for the first time we got some stick on some hands for the first time and ended up in the penalty box for it, so we’re going to have to be mindful of that cause we know that’s going to lead to a penalty”

Sticks on hands are penalties in this League?! No f***in shit Maurice. How long has he been coaching in this League again? Forever? And he’s pretending like he’s just now realizing that stick on hands are penalties?

What he means to say and what he really means is that he didn’t realize the Refs are calling that now, cause they f***in didn’t call that at all in Games 1-2 despite Slasha Barkov and friends slashing the shit of everyone to complete their “defensive” plays.

In Game 5, Rodriguez gets McD right between the hands (not on the hands). And if you watch Rodriquez defend this play, i really don’t even think it was an accident. He is gapping up on McD and with full control of his actions he throws an up and down tomahawk slash to the stick between McDs hands. He wasn’t aiming for anywhere else to make a legal play. That “defensive play” doesn’t get called in the first 2 games. We saw that exact slash and another right on Leon’s wrist in game 1. And don’t forget about Nuge on a breakaway. I bet the Oilers sent video to the refs supervisor of this series and reminded them it was a penalty in this Joke ass League.
Let's hope they keep calling penalties!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
If they call it by the book and with some semblance of competence, the Oilers offense will continue to flourish. So much of the Maurice defensive system (that leaks plenty) is predicated on playing the game over the edge. Take that away, and the Oilers offence will cook.
Based on experience tho, If it goes 7 they will put away the whistles.

I honestly think FLA diving around the ice multiple times has not helped their case. Refs talk about this stuff.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Based on experience tho, If it goes 7 they will put away the whistles.

I honestly think FLA diving around the ice multiple times has not helped their case. Refs talk about this stuff.
Yeh refs have had enough. Tkachuck dove 2 times before the dive he was actually called for in Gam 5. Previous 2 diving attempts just completely ignored until the refs finally had enough and called the 3rd.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think he wants to but is so badly hobbled at this stage
I hear you but if he is that hobbled then he shouldnt be playing.

Making poor decisions with and without the puck. He is easily pushed off the puck as well.
He has been a liability so far in this series.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Making poor decisions with and without the puck. He is easily pushed off the puck as well.

2 wins from hoisting the cup I think you would literally have to tie him to a chair to stop him from playing these games. Game 6 is always Leon’s best game and injury or not he will leave it all out there tomorrow book it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Draisaitl? Yeah it's tough to watch, but you know, at 50% he's dramatically better than the other options for what he's doing, this is late in the playoffs

Thomas Tatar

It can easily be changed in game if we go down early can it not?
Maybe, but maybe going down early is too late?

All I am saying is that if the coach believes a different line combination will have more success than a previous iteration, not changing it because you eeked out a win last game may be a bit short sighted if your season could end that night.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Maybe, but maybe going down early is too late?

All I am saying is that if the coach believes a different line combination will have more success than a previous iteration, not changing it because you eeked out a win last game may be a bit short sighted if your season could end that night.
I can see both sides but the way I see it. The lineup that is going right now is the one that got you this close. Let them finish the job they started. Win or lose they will leave it all out there I guarantee it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Brown found his wheels at the right time, has really shown what they saw in him. What's done is done but he's been fantastic in this series and that's been a much needed boost from the bottom 6. Imo he's redeemed himself and that bonus doesn't look so bad now.
All year when the local media would defend Brown by saying "we didn't sign him for the regular season, we signed him for the playoffs", I thought it was just lip service and defending the player. Turns out, they were right.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Normally you might have something with that but in this series he has not been good at all.
Here's hoping he finds something in the tank for tomorrows game.
Hoping that whatever he's got is something that can heal up a bit with these extra days between games, but it certainly doesn't seem like it.

Reactions: Duke74 and guymez

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Normally you might have something with that but in this series he has not been good at all.
Here's hoping he finds something in the tank for tomorrows game.
That's fair, there just aren't other options and there's still him as someone they have to think about and account for in their planning, struggles or no.

Reactions: guymez

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Hoping that whatever he's got is something that can heal up a bit with these extra days between games, but it certainly doesn't seem like it.
Even something as small as a broken finger can take its toll. I broke my fingertip a few years ago, and as a piano player, one broken finger messes up the capacity of your whole hand. Even waving hello put an ache in there; I can't imagine trying to shoot, stickhandle, or even pass, let alone all the physical abuse the average player takes from shift to shift.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
All year when the local media would defend Brown by saying "we didn't sign him for the regular season, we signed him for the playoffs", I thought it was just lip service and defending the player. Turns out, they were right.
Also turns out that you can't just come back from a major surgery and nearly 2 years of non-paying and perform instantly at this level of his sport. Maybe you or I could do okay on the golf course or some jogging after that, but at the NHL calibre, things take time. It seems he's finally found his legs and his confidence again. So good to see, had no idea we'd need him this badly, especially with Leon struggling so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad