Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Nuge has Nostrils beat with 60 points in 72 games.

And we almost got a too many men penalty because instead of dumping it in he passes back to the bench with 6 guys on the ice. Like to see Carrick in.
Mcdavid has almost as much points in this playoff run as Matthews has in his career. Any media member that ever tries to mention them in the same breath should have their credentials revoked.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I’m sure subbing in Kane for Ryan on the 4th line wouldn’t have a huge negative impact on the lineup. Ryan plays very few minutes anyways so inserting a motivated Kane for 8-10 minutes could pay dividends in a big way. You’re not missing much taking out Ryan, just look at his performance in these playoffs:

View attachment 884559

He’s not cutting it offensively or defensively.
If they decide to take out Ryan I think that Carrick should get the nod. He adds some size and he is more defenisvely responsible than Kane. Carrick is also used to 4th line minutes...Kane isnt.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
that 4th line was brutal, though. Brought nothing to the table, couldn't win a faceoff, and was caved in at every turn. I'd change it up, although I"m not sure Kane-McL-Perry make it better at keeping the puck out of their own end.
I agree. That 4th line sucked. Kane is horrendous defensively and is terrible moving out of his own end. Putting him in is going to make it worse. I honestly think Carrick and Gagner are better option. You know Gagner will block shots with his balls if he has to

I’m sure subbing in Kane for Ryan on the 4th line wouldn’t have a huge negative impact on the lineup. Ryan plays very few minutes anyways so inserting a motivated Kane for 8-10 minutes could pay dividends in a big way. You’re not missing much taking out Ryan, just look at his performance in these playoffs:

View attachment 884559

He’s not cutting it offensively or defensively.
Kane is so bad defensively and especially horrid just inside his blue line. He can’t pass and can’t move it up. Carrick and Gagner is what I would do. Ryan has been terrible too

Sorry if it was already posted, but is just awesome. I do love Jack enthusiasm.

F’n brilliant call

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Okay. So rewatched Maurice’s presser.

Maurice denied that his team was “deflated” TWICE in that presser when the reporters asked questions not even asking if they were deflated.

Another Freudian slip just like Deboer’s character tirade he had in the Dallas series.

What this tells me is that the Panthers ARE feeling deflated. We f***in got em on the ropes boys.
I know Maurice has always had haters, I've never really understood why.....until this series.

He's kind of annoying TBH. He's very cryptic, I don't know if he's trying to be funny (which we've seen him be), but he's trying too hard. He also comes across as thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

I'd have more respect if he told it like it was. Show emotion, disappointment (which obviously he and the team have) but counter it with strength and positivity. He talks like there is nothing wrong.

He can't possibly be that naive. I would hope he doesn't speak that way in the room. If so, I understand the lack of success,

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I don’t think the problem was the defensive pair- I think the problem was the 4th line causes shots against. Ryan keeps getting pushed off the puck by a team strong along the boards. McLeod won’t get involved in board battles. To top it off, that pair was on the ice with Draisaitl’s line as well- and that second line was not very good.

Reactions: McDoused

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I agree. That 4th line sucked. Kane is horrendous defensively and is terrible moving out of his own end. Putting him in is going to make it worse. I honestly think Carrick and Gagner are better option. You know Gagner will block shots with his balls if he has to

Kane is so bad defensively and especially horrid just inside his blue line. He can’t pass and can’t move it up. Carrick and Gagner is what I would do. Ryan has been terrible too

F’n brilliant call
I thought Kane was done for the playoffs with back hernia.

Just heard a stat. Skinner is 9-0 with a .938 save pct. in Games 4-7 in the playoffs. That's some serious clutch right there and is why looking at save pct. as a whole doesn't tell the whole story.
That's some serious skin in the game. Honestly, if they win the series after trailing 0:3, you can just trade McDavid, Draisaitl, and the rest of the team the next day. They will never replicate that. lol.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They probably film Canadian movies in a weekend.
Hallmark productions are shot quickly and cheaply like two weeks to maybe a month. Majority shot in Vancouver Lower Mainland and Toronto. Leon's girlfriend is very pretty but this is not a super lucrative profession for the overwhelming majority of working actors. She doesn't need to be in LA which is fiercely competition to do the work she has been doing. Now I guess some door opening help via LA Kings ownership relationships might be an incentive it would be a stretch for Draisaitl to explore LA as a door opener for his GF's career.

Oil can offer more term and will open the vault for generational wealth. His partner can audition from anywhere and is mobile to go wherever productions might base.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Very Random but my dad and I visit every year for a few games and always go to Braven pre-game (we usually stay at JW) but this time we are staying a few blocks away.

With us flying in for game 6, is it pointless to go there a few hours beforehand in hopes of a table? Like will it already be crazy? We don't know what that area is like for the playoffs, let alone the cup.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad