Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I would also add that one should take any historic times provided and add an hour or two. It will be Game 6 of the SCF on what's expected to be a warm Friday summer evening.

To add to this - anyone going to the game needs to leave early. Take the afternoon off, talk to your boss about leaving early, etc. Just don't leave work at 4:30 or 5 thinking you'll make it.

I live a pretty breezy 10 minute drive from my house to where I park on 106 street and it took me almost half an hour to get just in the area before Game 3. Except it was to a parking spot much further away because Jasper Ave was basically a parking lot from 109 street going east with no viable shortcut option due to construction.

A 6pm finals game in the summer on a weekday is the worse case scenario for traffic. Rush hour leaving the area combined with 30-50,000 people trying to enter the area at the same time creates chaos. I'd suggest leaving for the rink no later than 4pm at the latest.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
To add to this - anyone going to the game needs to leave early. Take the afternoon off, talk to your boss about leaving early, etc. Just don't leave work at 4:30 or 5 thinking you'll make it.

I live a pretty breezy 10 minute drive from my house to where I park on 106 street and it took me almost half an hour to get just in the area before Game 3. Except it was to a parking spot much further away because Jasper Ave was basically a parking lot from 109 street going east with no viable shortcut option due to construction.

A 6pm finals game in the summer on a weekday is the worse case scenario for traffic. Rush hour leaving the area combined with 30-50,000 people trying to enter the area at the same time creates chaos. I'd suggest leaving for the rink no later than 4pm at the latest.
Good warning, fortunately there’s almost no rush hour Fridays as many offices are pretty empty, but still plan ahead for sure.

Reactions: McDoused

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I would also add that one should take any historic times provided and add an hour or two. It will be Game 6 of the SCF on what's expected to be a warm Friday summer evening.

Downtown Edmonton is going to be absolutely insane all afternoon/evening. Thank you Daryl Katz for making it all happen, I don't care how much money he made from it all.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
As an Avalanche fan, I admit that I wasn't rooting for Edmonton when this series got started.

But greatness is greatness and it doesn't come around very often. What McDavid is doing is simply stupefying, and if you guys go 4 straight against the Panthers and win this thing . . . well, I won't be unhappy.

Incredible to watch.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Zito looks like a maniac. I made a joke about who let the serial killer in the arena earlier in series.

Is this guy on Coke or Steroids?

Panthers are really dumb letting this go back to Edmonton.

People were saying the Oilers were choking but not the case. Its the Panthers. I've never seen a club so close to a cup so rattled.
What does that even mean? Lol. Like they had a choice? We dictated the play and our speed ran over them. Our goaltending is better. And having the greatest player in the world deciding to carry us forward doesn't hurt. How about giving the Oilers some credit?:huh:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If Kane returns next game I would try something like this:

Foegele- McDavid - Hyman
Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl - Holloway
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Kane - McLeod - Perry

Reactions: McDoused

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really really need Drai to pull his head out of his ass. I get he’s probably fighting an injury but you can’t make brain dead lay after brain dead play. It also doesn’t excuse his lack luster effort all over the ice either.
Yes, it certainly would be nice to see him show up. McDavid is doing all the heavy lifting for those 2 at this point. And please, for those posters that are constantly harping on Draisaitl getting garbage to play with, please stop. McDavid took turns playing with Foegele, McLeod and even Janmark last night. He was all over the ice, playing with whomever they gave him, and he drove every line he played on.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Foegele- McDavid - Hyman
Kane - McLeod - Perry

That 4th line sends shivers down my spine. I can't perceive that line being anything other than a candidate to get hemmed in every single shift they play. Kane and Perry are too slow and constantly botch passes off the wall, McLeod can't play C without barfing on himself at this pace.

There is no reason to flex to get Kane in the lineup at this point. Just go with what is working.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Foegele- McDavid - Hyman
Kane - McLeod - Perry
With all due respect to Perry getting the winner last game, he comes out of Kane.

Not that Ryan can't come out, but having a RHC, someone to do the center duties so McLeod can roam on the wing just makes more sense and has worked so far.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Downtown Edmonton is going to be absolutely insane all afternoon/evening. Thank you Daryl Katz for making it all happen, I don't care how much money he made from it all.
Honestly with everyone seeming to flock south, I think hockey players needed a reminder how fun it is to go on a run in a Canadian market. Every hockey personality that has visited almost can’t believe the atmosphere. The players glow when they talk about it.

Downtown will be unbelievable. Memories of a life time if they win.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I must be eating him up.
I think we're going to need to get you one of these, bud.

1718824812377.png

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's evident that his mobility in particular is restricted, which is likely affecting his decision making, probably to compensate for his lack of mobility (bad back / ribs? ) by making some lackluster decisions which is something he's probably trying to work through and adapt. Guaranteed his injuries will be known, after they win the Cup
If that is indeed the case then his decision making should be more conservative...less risky.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Foegele- McDavid - Hyman
Kane - McLeod - Perry
It's not a bad idea. Unfortunately McLeod needs to on the Wing. Him at center is a mess.

Do not try McLeod at C again..................

If that is indeed the case then his decision making should be more conservative...less risky.
It seems like it is a Ribs/Back issue, but really who knows.

And exactly. He should be simplifying his game like Henrique does.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They put the arena in a great place. Of all the options this one was the best.

I cant find the arena thread, but here is the ice district constuction update one from a few years ago.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Foegele- McDavid - Hyman
Kane - McLeod - Perry
I wouldn't bother changing the lines regardless, I don't think Kane has been all that effective even when healthy. I could see Carrick in for Ryan but that's about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad