Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
NHL needs to start preparing now for ways to address this ahead of a potential Game 7.

It is not acceptable for the ice to be this bad in a Championship series in the best league in the world. I don't care if the game is being played in the Mojave Desert, find a way to make it better and figure it the f*** out. If their fans have to be a little chilly in the stands then so be it.
This. The ice last night was a complete embarrassment to the sport of hockey. Figure it out you have just under a week. Should have left the trophies in Florida they will be hoisted on Monday

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
NHL needs to start preparing now for ways to address this ahead of a potential Game 7.

It is not acceptable for the ice to be this bad in a Championship series in the best league in the world. I don't care if the game is being played in the Mojave Desert, find a way to make it better and figure it the f*** out. If their fans have to be a little chilly in the stands then so be it.
I agree their should be a standard for quality of the ice. Teams should be fined if the surface does not meet it. It's also a safety issue as players are falling all over the place. NHLPA seems to be as negligent as the league is.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
He had a +/- of 0 and had more games with a (-) in this playoff than a (+) even before this series.

Media group think and narrative building is frustrating at the best of times, but this was almost to a new level. Especially "he held Panarin without a point!!" when he wasn't even matched up against Panarin for the most part 5v5.

The narrative about Barkov for year is "soooooooo underrated!" so I think what happens is fans and media go out of their way to shower praise on him to show that they know what they're talking about by not "underrating" him. However, as a result he is now grossly overrated. Great player, don't get me wrong, but the suggestion that he's the best defensive forward since Trottier or was going to casually shut McDavid down is laughable. Didn't even notice him playing last night.
I feel like Barkov gets the same kind of treatment Toews used to get when people compared him to Crosby etc.

Toews wasn't even the second best player on his own team (Kane and Keith were better), but that whole two-way centre team captain thing makes people go "he's underrated" when maybe what they're actually meaning to say is "he's unsung".

Eventually the praise goes into overdrive and the player is suddenly ridiculously overrated instead, even if they're a good player. And Barkov has plenty to prove yet just to be on Toews' level.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Edm is clicking at the right time. Everyone is contributing. Special teams is rolling again. And you need that. My biggest worry in game 6 is skinner letting in like 2 in the first 3 shots and edm is down a few. Both games they’ve won they scored first and never looked back. What will happen if they do have to play from behind especially if they are down a couple early? You hope that doesn’t happen. 2 more games skinner just has to hold the fort. He does that, the rest should continue to fall into place. Hang in there skinner. Lol

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Bissonette is strange because he clearly has knowledge of the game in the sense of breaking down systems, play on ice, etc.

His analysis of which teams are better than other teams is usually completely out to lunch in every way. Still laugh thinking about how he crowned the Kings as having "the best centre depth in the league" after getting Dubois lol.

Knowledgeable about on ice stuff, equivalent knowledge of causal water cooler fan at everything else.
Sometimes a person has such an intense view of a tree but unable to see the forest.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

This fired me up

giphy.gif

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad