Post-Game Talk: 2/15/18 | Canucks 1 @ Sharks 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Eriksson and Daniel Sedin should both be sitting ahead of Baertschi based on merit.

As for Hutton? Whatever. Would have been fine scratching both Pouliot and Hutton and trying Holm/Biega.

The Holm call-up is still suspicious to me, the timing didn't make sense. Gotta trade a LHD at some point here.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Pouliot has been brutal in all facets of the game for at least a couple of months now. Hutton actually moves the puck up the ice.
Agreed that Pouliot has been bad for a couple of months now...I think they're trying to get him back to playing how he did when we first got him.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
The last GDT is closed, but I was wondering if there was ever an explanation for the high-stick on Stetcher only resulting in 2 minutes.

Good call.. me too.

Especially after the one ref appeared to have changed his mind and held up four fingers... but then went to parlay with his fellow refs and it ultimately was called a 2 minute penalty..... while blood was running down Stetchers face.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
After what? A 20 game stretch where he struggled?

Pretty long leash compared to Hutton, no?

Yep, which is pretty understandable when you trade for a player...he had some good games before the stretch where he struggled. I would think in these games where the outcome doesn't really matter you would want to see if you can get him on track...can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was GM.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Agreed that Pouliot has been bad for a couple of months now...I think they're trying to get him back to playing how he did when we first got him.

Biega has outplayed them both imo

I hope Holm actually gets some rope with Green. I’d like to see what he has to offer.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yep, which is pretty understandable when you trade for a player...he had some good games before the stretch where he struggled. I would think in these games where the outcome doesn't really matter you would want to see if you can get him on track...can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was GM.
Coach makes the lineups. It’s just weird that DP gets a longer leash than other young guys who struggle with consistency like Hutton, Goldobin, Virtanen, etc.

If he was giving those guys similar treatment then I can buy into the “let the kids play through their mistakes” approach.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Nilsson looked steady in his relief appearance. I do not feel Benning has provided NHL goaltending this season. This is a major fail if you want to build a decent squad. It was immediately a cause for concern when they announced it.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Woo hoo! a game I actually am home and able to watch! Forgot about this one. Go Nucks!! Playoffs, baby!!

btw, I thought all you people were done with this team...

man is it funny as hell to watch kids lose their shit on the internet...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Nilsson looked steady in his relief appearance. I do not feel Benning has provided NHL goaltending this season. This is a major fail if you want to build a decent squad. It was immediately a cause for concern when they announced it.
He didn't...even more proof that management were not really serious about playoffs this year.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pouliot is TG’s Linden Vey
Its too frustrating. I generally thought Coach Green has done a better job then Willie D but i dunno this love for Poo is disgusting. Hes just not a good dman. I could understand if he didnt have options but HE DOES HAVE OPTIONS :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad