GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Larsson the same player as Tallinder? I've seen this a lot, and I couldn't disagree more.

Not even close. Apart from the obvious handedness difference, Larsson has the higher skill level in almost all facets of the game. Tallinder just has experience on him.

If Fayne was a *****, he would have not only been complaining about sitting, but he wouldn't have taken Lou's low-ball two year offer in the offseason. It's more like he's being taken advantage of so we can 'showcase' everyone and keep the vets happy.

Nobody knows what Fayne has said privately, but I agree, I doubt he is complaining about this. He should be back in, but I guess they have to wait for a trade.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Does anyone else not turn the Devils game on until like 7:05 so you don't have to listen to the Devils horrendous broadcasting crew?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Does anyone else not turn the Devils game on until like 7:05 so you don't have to listen to the Devils horrendous broadcasting crew?

Why would you not listen to Dano (when he's there), or coach's corner? If anything I'd think you would want to listen to the pregame because Deb and Dano aren't the ones who sound inebriated on the air at times :laugh:

apice3*

How I Met Your Mother is the only good show on TV on 6:30 on weekdays. If that show wasn't on, there would be nothing to watch at 6:30 besides the pregame.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol John MacLean on the pregame...I think they're talking about the '88 playoffs.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Why would you not listen to Dano (when he's there), or coach's corner? If anything I'd think you would want to listen to the pregame because Deb and Dano aren't the ones who sound inebriated on the air at times :laugh:

Everything they talk about is everything I read on Fire and Ice 2+ hours prior.

It's not like I learn anything new, I just feel like I get dumber watching them.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

It's not like I learn anything new, I just feel like I get dumber watching them.

tell me about it

so low budget. dano isn't bad though, even if he sounds drunk. i'd rather listen to him than the other 3.

lboogie42*

Devils win 2-1
1st period
After a bogus call puts us on the pk Salvador tries to dump the puck out but it goes out of play and it's a 5v3 pk. Then ovechkin scores on a one time that Marty had no chance at. Marty goes beast mode and carries us through that 1st period. Shots will be 15-6 in favor of Washington.
2nd period
Much more balanced. We get several chances but can't burry any. Then we go on a pp and Marty makes a big save on a breakaway after a bad pass from the point men is picked off. Nothing else important happens. Shots will be 12-9 in favor of us.
3rd period
We go on a pp. can't score but it gives us momentum. After a bad line change by Washington Kovy passes up to zajac waiting at the blue line, and zajac enters the zone with a 2 on 1 with henrique. Zajac passes to henrique for a one time but the pass goes wide. After a lot of puck possession we get it to the point for a shot by zid, and henrique gets the rebound goal. Marty makes a diving poke check save in the final minute to secure the one point and get us to ot. Shots are 10-9 Washington for that period.
OT
Nothing happens til 2 minutes are left. Sustained pressure by the caps have us stuck in our own zone. We finally clear it and after a bad line change Marty makes a big save. With 30 sec left pony dumps it in. After scrapping for it clarkson gets it to the point where Kovy is. He dekes out one defender and slap shoots it. The puck bounces off the crossbar and sits in the crease. It's a scramble for the puck and pony puts it in for the win.

That's what's gonna happen! I'm calling it!

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

It's a local broadcast lead in. Expectations should be relatively low to begin with.

It's not like the national feed is much of a step up ;)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's a local broadcast lead in. Expectations should be relatively low to begin with.

It's not like the national feed is much of a step up ;)

See now THAT I do avoid until gametime. I'm not really interested in hearing the Comcast crew.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw no Mike Green for the Caps tonight (he's missed the last couple games with a whatever-body injury).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad