GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't worry buddy... I've been flammed repeaditly for saying that Volchenkov is nothing short of brutal but now, the consensus is that almost everyone on this board thinks he should be the odd man out when talking about our blueline.

While I don't think Volchenkov has been particularly poor this year (Contract still sucks) it's funny that in the off season people said it wasn't that bad. When the season started some of the same people are now saying we need an amnesty buyout for him immediately!

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I like Volch on PK. He is imo good at doing very discliplined stuff, like killing time during PK, but when it comes to say... the flow of the game, defending a rush or a nice play by some quick opponent, he is so screwed

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Top notch GDT! The Monty Python bit was hilarious!

Devils win 3-1. Bank on it.

Kovalchuk, Zajac, Clarkson with the goals

I wish I had your optimism! I hope you are correct! Fayne still being sat out has me a bit worried, along with Carter being out and Clarkson not being 100%...

ILikeItVeryMuch*

There might be some team related issues. You know, maybe Fayne is a ***** and he is being taught a lesson?

He's a jerk, we should lose games to spite him.

I have no idea why Tallinder continues to play while it seems like every game with him in the lineup ends up being a Tyler Perry's Meet the Goals ****fest.

The proof is in the wins, how Fayne continues to sit is a M Night Shamaylanahananadfijsdfj mystery

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils win 4-3.

Bernier, Loktionov, Kovalchuk, and Elias with the goals.

Ovechkin, Chimera, and Carlsson score for the Capitals.

Devils come back from 3-2 deficit in the third too. My bet is Tallinder is on the ice for every goal against except for one.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember this? When a few of us swore it was the last time we'd see Cone Henrik in a Devils uniform?

Think of the all in the family theme.

''Those were the days! And you thought Tallinder was gone then!''

DevilChuk*

Remember this? When a few of us swore it was the last time we'd see Cone Henrik in a Devils uniform?

Think of the all in the family theme.

''Those were the days! And you thought Tallinder was gone then!''

5 days ago?

apice3*

Tallinder isn't single handedly responsible for our losses but Fayne definitely contributes a lot more. I'm baffled as to why he's sitting. Something Tallinder said to DeBoer had to have hit hard, which is ridiculous.

3-2-4 with Tallinder (including 6 straight losses)
6-1-0 without Tallinder

9-1-2 with Fayne
0-2-2 without Fayne

With Fayne, we have a solid defensive unit on the ice for 40-45 minutes a night. With Tallinder, we have a solid defensive unit onthe ice for 20-25 minutes a night. HUGE difference, the difference between holding the Isles to 1 goal in two games and holding the Isles to 10 goals in 2 games. That's a real and accurate stat, by the way.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Fayne was a *****, he would have not only been complaining about sitting, but he wouldn't have taken Lou's low-ball two year offer in the offseason. It's more like he's being taken advantage of so we can 'showcase' everyone and keep the vets happy.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes 5 days go. Those were the days! Tallinder caused half the goals that game, I think he was responsible for the breakaway that led to the penalty shot, and took a dumb penalty that they scored on.

Tallinder has sucked for the majority of his tenure with the Devils.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Fayne was a *****, he would have not only been complaining about sitting, but he wouldn't have taken Lou's low-ball two year offer in the offseason. It's more like he's being taken advantage of so we can 'showcase' everyone and keep the vets happy.

I keep scratching my head. 8 defensemen? WHY!? The only good thing to come out of 8 defensemen was it got Janssen sent to the minors.

Because of this logjam players like Fayne will continue to sit. I don't think we'll see Fayne in the lineup until after this weekend. Unless someone gets injured. Let's hope we don't go 0-5-2 without Fayne.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yes 5 days go. Those were the days! Tallinder caused half the goals that game, I think he was responsible for the breakaway that led to the penalty shot, and took a dumb penalty that they scored on.

Tallinder has sucked for the majority of his tenure with the Devils.

He's 2-1 in Stanley Cup finals appearances....

apice3*

It wasn't really a low ball offer, IMO. RFA contracts are always substantialy lower than what the player is worth, mostly because the player has no leverage. It's either take the contract or don't play. Look at Ryan O'Reilly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Beautiful! If we lose here's to hoping Conerik has a terrible game like on the island. Maybe then we could get Fayne back in the lineup again.

I also expect to give up PP goals too. Because Hank the suckage tank will no doubt be on the PK again.

I don't want him to stink, I'll just be even more ticked off if he does, and Ovechkin and co. coast through our D like they're on roller skates.

My issue's not with Tallinder playing (especially since he needs to get some action sooner or later), it's with Fayne not playing. And other guys who have been worse don't get scratched while Fayne's more or less been taken to the woodshed after a couple of meh games. Not to mention Larsson sitting earlier in the year. Enough is enough with this nonsense, this can't wait till late March to sort out.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Bleedred, what are all your names for Tallinder now?

So far I've seen:

Conerik Tallinder
Cone Henrik
Hank the Suckage Tank

Any others I've missed?

Oroku Saki*

35216487.jpg

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bleedred, what are all your names for Tallinder now?

So far I've seen:

Conerik Tallinder
Cone Henrik
Hank the Suckage Tank

Any others I've missed?

No that's it, but I can't take credit for Hank the suckage tank. I believe I stole that from Afrothunder I think it was him who said that in the Tallinder sucks thread last January.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't want him to stink, I'll just be even more ticked off if he does, and Ovechkin and co. coast through our D like they're on roller skates.

My issue's not with Tallinder playing (especially since he needs to get some action sooner or later), it's with Fayne not playing. And other guys who have been worse don't get scratched while Fayne's more or less been taken to the woodshed after a couple of meh games. Not to mention Larsson sitting earlier in the year. Enough is enough with this nonsense, this can't wait till late March to sort out.

Of course I don't want him to stink. I wanna win the game, but if we lose maybe that will be the silver lining. Like I said though I took that **** game against the fish sticks as a silver lining that Fayne would be right back in too.

lboogie42*

Does anyone known of u can stream this game via a mobile device? Like an iphone or a tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad