GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Oh yeah, a player who's been playing borderline mediocre hockey can't see the stands cause of a letter that was handed to him before the season started.

I don't know wich decision irks me the most, his contract or him getting the captaincy.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
I couldn't care less about Volchenkov playing on the PK, what's that... like 10% of a entire hockey game? If he blows chunks the rest of the time, why is he such a need when someone like Fayne is 10x better at even strenght and we can slide just about anyone with Salvador to compensate for the loss of Anton on the PK?

The same can be said for Zidlicky BTW cause he's a black hole when he's not playing on the PP.

Nobody is there to cover your mistakes on PK. ES minutes can be played by just about anyone if you feed them the right minutes.

This really shouldn't be about Volchenkov or Tallinder, it's about Fayne sitting. It's wrong, and there's a reason for it. We just don't know what it is.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I mean if the Devils were WINNING without Fayne I could at least be appeased by the logic of keeping a winning lineup but they haven't won in four games without Fayne and the D/ST was horrible in three of the games.

And Tallinder isn't anywhere 'near' the same player as Fayne/Larsson.

the whole situation is incredibly frustrating. i want tallinder gone like yesterday.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Nobody is there to cover your mistakes on PK. ES minutes can be played by just about anyone if you feed them the right minutes.

This really shouldn't be about Volchenkov or Tallinder, it's about Fayne sitting. It's wrong, and there's a reason for it. We just don't know what it is.

PK minutes is nice and all but that's just 10% of a game if not less. Volchenkov is good on the PK cause he doesn't need to handle the puck and skating is to a minimum. I don't know how often he screws up when attempting to clear the zone but it has to be once every other chance, if not more and if you can't clear the zone on the PK... well :facepalm:

If we're paying someone 4.25M$ to play on the PK while being useless everywhere else, I can tell you right now it's a massive waste of a roster spot, cap space and actual money.

I love his dedication but at the NHL level, you need to bring more to the table then heart and dedication.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Salvador's contract is ~4.5% of the salary cap. you guys really exaggerate a lot.

It's not his money that's the problem, it's the fact he's not playing particuarly well and is clogging a roster spot and can't be benched.

I'd sit Volch or even Zidlicky before Sal anyway...but the fact he was brought back when there was no room AND made the C pretty much means he has to play no matter what. All the vets should be rotating to make the most of this depth nonsense, but it's the younger/cheaper guys that have been sitting for the most part.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Salvador's contract is ~4.5% of the salary cap. you guys really exaggerate a lot.

Salvador is the new version of Pandolfo IMO.

The money itself isn't all that bad, it's the lenght that kills me... especially on 35+ type deal. And to think we have him on the books for the next 3 years and A-Train who's basically unmoveable, that's 2 players with limited skills who are eating close to 7.5M$ of cap space for the next 3 years.

That's pretty bad if you ask me. If Salvador can step his game up, wich I think he can, it won't be that bad but if he continues to play like this... yiiiikes.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
TG -
Devils coach Pete DeBoer will hold a pre-game media availability at 4:45 p.m., so we’ll have to wait until then to find out all his lineup details.

Did I miss something? Why is everyone in a panic before we even hear the lineup?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Panic (that seems to be HF's favorite word)?

More like annoyance that it's even gotten to this point. Larsson was scratched for what, five games earlier this season? Then Fayne had his 'injury' for two and has been out for another two, going on three - after he signed a cheap, short-term deal to boot this offseason.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The team bus must be late. Or TG is late posting the comments!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They probably confiscated TG and Chere's phones in the press room lol. Or DeBo's late getting there.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Panic (that seems to be HF's favorite word)? More like annoyance that it's even gotten to this point. Larsson was scratched for what, five games earlier this season? Then Fayne had his 'injury' for two and was out for another two, going on three.

Agreed. Everyone got on my ass the whole offseason when I said because we have 8 defensemen I can see Larsson starting the season in the AHL. That was before the lockout. I then said if no one goes you watch Larsson will be the odd man out to start the season I bet. Now I didn't want Larsson to be the odd man out, but it was obvious after last season.

People were ripping me a new one after saying that too. People still insisted on calling me out, and telling me I was wrong just days before the season began when I was still saying it.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
We're ****ing doomed

Ready for another 2-1 **** show by our offense and 2 goals given up by either Sal/Volch/or Tallinder being terribly out of position

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Beautiful! If we lose here's to hoping Conerik has a terrible game like on the island. Maybe then we could get Fayne back in the lineup again.

I also expect to give up PP goals too. Because Hank the suckage tank will no doubt be on the PK again.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Beautiful! If we lose here's to hoping Conerik has a terrible game like on the island. Maybe then we could get Fayne back in the lineup again.

I also expect to give up PP goals too. Because Hank the suckage tank will no doubt be on the PK again.

No reason why Tallinder should be on the PK over Larsson. Idiotic

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No reason why Tallinder should be on the PK over Larsson. Idiotic

Cone Henrik gets coned on the PK. He loses his man all the time, and one time it even caused a goal against on LA's 5 minute major. Now when you're killing off 5 you need to use all kinds of guys. That's why Conerik, and Zid were killing penalties. On a basic 2 minute minor you do not want the big red and black cone on the PK.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Agreed. Everyone got on my ass the whole offseason when I said because we have 8 defensemen I can see Larsson starting the season in the AHL. That was before the lockout. I then said if no one goes you watch Larsson will be the odd man out to start the season I bet. Now I didn't want Larsson to be the odd man out, but it was obvious after last season.

People were ripping me a new one after saying that too. People still insisted on calling me out, and telling me I was wrong just days before the season began when I was still saying it.

Don't worry buddy... I've been flammed repeaditly for saying that Volchenkov is nothing short of brutal but now, the consensus is that almost everyone on this board thinks he should be the odd man out when talking about our blueline.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
Can Lou just dump Tallinder already? Even if he just gets a pick and the salary off the books it's worth it to get Fayne back in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad