Prospect Info: 15th Overall, Michael Brandsegg-Nygaard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Quite skeptical he would be a 1st liner on his first season. It's another questions is he even at NHL.

24-25 SHL
25-26 AHL
26-27 NHL middle6 rookie
27-28 NHL top6
28-29 maybe NHL 1st line
Raymond was drafted 2020
2020- 2021 18 points in 34 SHL games
2021-2022 57 points in 82 NHL games playing with Larkin .
MBN is older and physically more ready than Raymond at the same moment.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
reminds me of bigger Zadina
Maybe in terms of being a shoot first guy, but his motor and forechecking ability are way better than Zadina at any level of play.

The fact that they are pushing to get him to camp this year I think says that they are seriously considering him for a role this year. SEL guys usually leave after prospect camp (if they come over) unless they are truly a roster consideration.

I think at max, if his development remains on its current trajectory, 3 years before he is on the NHL roster. This year in the SEL, next year AHL, and the following on the Wings.

I think it is more likely to be Raymond like NHL transition. SEL +1, NHL following. He already plays a mature 2 way game and with a lot of pace. At 6'1, 207lbs he's NHL size. He's a winger so his transition is easier than a centers. His game can play up or down a lineup.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I think, once he comes over for camp, he isn't going back, it will be GR or the big club for MBN.

Would absolutely love to see the Wings give him and Danielson a roster spot. Not holding my breath, but those two would be way better than anything else we have in our bottom six.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I think, once he comes over for camp, he isn't going back, it will be GR or the big club for MBN.

Would absolutely love to see the Wings give him and Danielson a roster spot. Not holding my breath, but those two would be way better than anything else we have in our bottom six.
I think the wings are playing things well. They knew he'd be playing preseason games AND champions league games before camp starts so they'd get a free look at how he plays at a high level.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Maybe in terms of being a shoot first guy, but his motor and forechecking ability are way better than Zadina at any level of play.

The fact that they are pushing to get him to camp this year I think says that they are seriously considering him for a role this year. SEL guys usually leave after prospect camp (if they come over) unless they are truly a roster consideration.

I think at max, if his development remains on its current trajectory, 3 years before he is on the NHL roster. This year in the SEL, next year AHL, and the following on the Wings.

I think it is more likely to be Raymond like NHL transition. SEL +1, NHL following. He already plays a mature 2 way game and with a lot of pace. At 6'1, 207lbs he's NHL size. He's a winger so his transition is easier than a centers. His game can play up or down a lineup.
I actually kind of see the comparison now that its mentioned.

And if we were to go back, I think we'd see a lot of comments like this that were very similar about Zadina. NHL ready shot already. High IQ. Good size. Good motor. Potentially making the NHL in year 1 or at least year 2.

All that being said: Personally, I never particularly liked Zadina's shot, IQ, or Motor. I do like MBN's shot, IQ, and motor and think he could step in on day one and use his size in the NHL

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
MBN is older and physically more ready than Raymond at the same moment.

Yeah.. but Raymond is a better talent.

Also Red Wings roster was full of crap, so it was easy walk for Raymond. Not same for other kids in future years because there's already better prime players in front of them.

You guys should be patient, like Yzerman says fans should be.

Reactions: lilidk

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

And if we were to go back, I think we'd see a lot of comments like this that were very similar about Zadina. NHL ready shot already. High IQ. Good size. Good motor. Potentially making the NHL in year 1 or at least year 2.

All that being said: Personally, I never particularly liked Zadina's shot, IQ, or Motor. I do like MBN's shot, IQ, and motor and think he could step in on day one and use his size in the NHL
I don't know. I don't think anyone ever said well Zadina's floor is at least a grinder. MBN if he is a bust offensively still probably makes the NHL as a 4th line forechecker. (Granted I'd be super bummed if this was true, but I don't really see him not making the NHL)

Zadina's praise from what I remember was largely shot, with good offensive IQ. He wasn't billed as a total sieve defensively, but no one was calling him the best forechecker in the draft.

So I can sort of agree about their offensive skill game to some degree but I think MBN brings a lot more to the table overall.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Yeah.. but Raymond is a better talent.

Also Red Wings roster was full of crap, so it was easy walk for Raymond. Not same for other kids in future years because there's already better prime players in front of them.

You guys should be patient, like Yzerman says fans should be.
Don't disagree on the talent remark but MBNs game fills in way better on lower lines than Raymond's did. Ray was top 6 or bust. MBN plays a game that could easily slide into a 3rd/4th line to start and not look out of place. I'm not saying its the right move and he should be rushed, but I can see how his game could push him on the roster vs. a guy like Danielson. Who may or may not be physically ready.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't disagree on the talent remark but MBNs game fills in way better on lower lines than Raymond's did. Ray was top 6 or bust. MBN plays a game that could easily slide into a 3rd/4th line to start and not look out of place. I'm not saying its the right move and he should be rushed, but I can see how his game could push him on the roster vs. a guy like Danielson. Who may or may not be physically ready.
He could play any lines in two years , but at some point he should be tried in the first line and who knows what will happen .
I hope Edvinson next season at some point move up play with Seider

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
reminds me of bigger Zadina

giphy.gif

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He could play any lines in two years , but at some point he should be tried in the first line and who knows what will happen .
I hope Edvinson next season at some point move up play with Seider

Guy is mostly RW, so he will be stucked behind Raymond for years.

But would possibly be great linemate for Danielson at the 2nd line.

That's what we need. Superior depth through the roster.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Guy is mostly RW, so he will be stuck behind Raymond for years.

But would possibly be great linemate for Danielson at the 2nd line.

That's what we need. Superior depth through the roster.
Likely correct. But once he adjusts to the NHL, if his shot continues to be this good, he might be a great option to use on the first power play unit, to mix things up that way.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

So instead of imagining what was said about a certain player after he was drafted, I went and grabbed a small sampling:
100% NHL ready
Guy is a jet, elite hands and shot, plays with a physical edge, hunts the puck with intensity
He has above avg speed and his edgework is very good and hes strong
incredible set of hands on him and high hockey IQ
detroit got itself an amazingly talented winger, who also plays with an edge and is interested in defending
he needs to be on the team come opening night.
he's always sooo hungry for the puck
I think he's just as pro ready as Svechnikov (Carolina)
He's not a one trick pony. He's a scorer who's dedicated to the defensive side of the game
Love his shot, his commitment to two-way play
(Czech players) just play the game "right" to me.

So yeah.... I can say that I kind of see the similarities. Evaluating prospects is hard and prospects need to work hard on improving their games. So far, I like what I see out of MBN more than I did a certain someone, but I'll keep a close eye and continue to evaluate for myself if I like his shot, motor, and 2 way game

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
So instead of imagining what was said about a certain player after he was drafted, I went and grabbed a small sampling:
100% NHL ready
Guy is a jet, elite hands and shot, plays with a physical edge, hunts the puck with intensity
He has above avg speed and his edgework is very good and hes strong
incredible set of hands on him and high hockey IQ
detroit got itself an amazingly talented winger, who also plays with an edge and is interested in defending
he needs to be on the team come opening night.
he's always sooo hungry for the puck
I think he's just as pro ready as Svechnikov (Carolina)
He's not a one trick pony. He's a scorer who's dedicated to the defensive side of the game
Love his shot, his commitment to two-way play
(Czech players) just play the game "right" to me.

So yeah.... I can say that I kind of see the similarities. Evaluating prospects is hard and prospects need to work hard on improving their games. So far, I like what I see out of MBN more than I did a certain someone, but I'll keep a close eye and continue to evaluate for myself if I like his shot, motor, and 2 way game

The scouting reports being similar doesn't match the differences in their on ice performance.

I never saw Zadina truck dudes in the corner like MBN does in Sweden. Or break up passing lanes in the defensive zone. Or pick pockets in the neutral zone. Or shoot pucks through pro level goalies.

I for one am extremely excited to see how his SHL season pans out. It's a tough league and I think 20-25 points is really respectable for a rookie, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him surpass those totals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad