Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It's time for Lawrie to start batting 9th. Goins is a better option at this point. How many ****ing 3 pitch strike outs has Lawrie had. Seems like a common theme with him. Watch a first pitch strike down the middle, Then foul off the second pitch and follow it up by swinging at a garbage pitch in the dirt or way out of the zone.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If Lawrie doesn't improve in like 3 weeks, do you send him down to AAA?

EDIT send him down to work on his swing

I really don't know what they can do. They certainly can't have him hitting like this for very long but they really don't have any other options at third.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I noticed the O's pitcher has gone fastball in the zone, splitter as the second pitch falling out of the zone .. If I'm a Jay next AB I guess fastball on the first pitch and take a chance

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's time for Lawrie to start batting 9th. Goins is a better option at this point. How many ****ing 3 pitch strike outs has Lawrie had. Seems like a common theme with him. Watch a first pitch strike down the middle, Then foul off the second pitch and follow it up by swinging at a garbage pitch in the dirt or way out of the zone.

He doesn't appear able to be able to do multiple things at the plate. It's either patient all the way, or hack and slash. He has to play everyday with his glove, but you're right, there needs to be some signs of improvement soon. Hopefully the rest of the team gets hot so the pressure isn't as high on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad