Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'd take that pattern all season long. winning 5 of every 8 games, 101 win pace that is.

No I changed it. Read again, my bad. I re-read it and I was like nah this isn't the Jays. More like 1 win 2 losses, 2 wins 1 loss. ..500 BABY .500 wooooo!... NOT

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Baseball is really ridiculous when it comes to brawls. You can't even fight a guy without every player running on the field.

So true LOL so so true. The hilarious part is the when the guys from the bullpen coming running out. It takes like 5 minutes to get to the brawl and they have nothing to do with it...but damn they will make sure they are part of it. LMFAO! It's embarrassing

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
So true LOL so so true. The hilarious part is the when the guys from the bullpen coming running out. It takes like 5 minutes to get to the brawl and they have nothing to do with it...but damn they will make sure they are part of it. LMFAO! It's embarrassing

It's an embarrassment watching the guys that have nothing to do with it running on the field. It looks like a circus seeing everyone run on the field, the sport makes itself look very juvenile and a big joke.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It's an embarrassment watching the guys that have nothing to do with it running on the field. It looks like a circus seeing everyone run on the field, the sport makes itself look very juvenile and a big joke.

It is especially seeing some 250 pound 35 year old relief pitcher running out. You might as well just sit your ass down because by the time you get to the mound the fight will be over. I don't understand why everyone sees the need to get involved.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Time for the epic comeback.

please don't let Goins hit. I can't even remember who we have on the bench but they have to be better than him.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Games like this is the reason why we won't make the playoffs. We get the lead and our BP can't shut it down. Plain and simple. Yes it's early, but add another 5-10 itty bitty losses like this where the BP ****s up and you'll know why we didn't make it. I've been saying it for months and months. This team is a .500 club!!! and people seem to think I'm talking non-sense. Our record is actually below .500 since the start of last season to this season. ****! We can sit here arguing ourselves blue in the face about what we think this team is but the matter of the fact is other than a few bright spots we don't have the depth and the talent to do anything. We just don't. Our record shows that, it's not like I'm making up things. Look at our record!

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So a 9 game road trip that should of went 7-2 is going to end up going 5-4. For a team that is not exactly supposed to be a powerhouse, we really can't afford to be pissing away games against some of the lesser teams in the league.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Games like this is the reason why we won't make the playoffs. We get the lead and our BP can't shut it down. Plain and simple. Yes it's early, but add another 5-10 itty bitty losses like this where the BP ****s up and you'll know why we didn't make it. I've been saying it for months and months. This team is a .500 club!!! and people seem to think I'm talking non-sense. Our record is actually below .500 since the start of last season to this season. ****!

Did I miss the part where the playoffs are now determined by cumulative 2-season records? Last year was bad, but it was largely bad on the back of basically every single thing that could've gone wrong going wrong. This year things are still not perfect, but the simlpe fact that enough things are better is a reason why the 2014 Blue Jays are already better than the 2013 Blue Jays were. Also last year the Bullpen was amazing, and perhaps the only part of the team besides Bautista and Encarnacion that delivered on or above expectations. So this isn't teh case of a failure of a bullpen continuing to fail this year. It's just the simple fact that bullpens are ridiculously volatile and you can't really know/project what you'll get from year to year or even month to month out of a pen most of the time.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So a 9 game road trip that should of went 7-2 is going to end up going 5-4. For a team that is not exactly supposed to be a powerhouse, we really can't afford to be pissing away games against some of the lesser teams in the league.

2 game difference. And a difference that will affect us down the line for sure.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Yup this is the easy stretch of the schedule this team can't afford to just float through at .500

Lets go Jose

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Did I miss the part where the playoffs are now determined by cumulative 2-season records? Last year was bad, but it was largely bad on the back of basically every single thing that could've gone wrong going wrong. This year things are still not perfect, but the simlpe fact that enough things are better is a reason why the 2014 Blue Jays are already better than the 2013 Blue Jays were. Also last year the Bullpen was amazing, and perhaps the only part of the team besides Bautista and Encarnacion that delivered on or above expectations. So this isn't teh case of a failure of a bullpen continuing to fail this year. It's just the simple fact that bullpens are ridiculously volatile and you can't really know/project what you'll get from year to year or even month to month out of a pen most of the time.

If we didn't make the playoffs last season, what in your mind makes you think we're making the playoffs this season? We didn't do anything!

So being 8 games under .500 last season and being a game over .500 makes us a contender right now as we blow another game. Great thinking from an apologist. Some you guys sound like you come from the school of Mike Wilner talk.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Not saying the Jays cant make the playoffs, simply that teams that make the playoffs don't regularly blow late leads against teams at or below .500

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
See Boston Red Sox last year and the year before.

Boston= been there done that. Wtf do we have? We have a year of a raised payroll and people hollering and hooting about playoffs when 7-8 months into this experiment and we haven't even been close!! NOT EVEN CLOSE. What in your mind right now convinces you otherwise? What makes you think we're making it? Honestly. We're blowing another game late that we should've won. It's pathetic.

I'll bet you anything we are 3 games from .500 +/-. I'll bet you right now

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If you don't think we're making the playoffs, why are you getting so worked up about it?

Because people talk like fools on here. I say something and then they comeback like " Ohh it's early" We've had this team for over a year now. If we're under .500 then and we're .500 now. Get it through your head that nothing will be different without changes. It's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad