Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Shows you how good we have been on this road trip when despite the meltdown to the Twins we can still go 6-3.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
DH for Goins, let the pitchers hit.

I like his defense but he never hit in the minors and I dont expect to him to hit in the majors. I really hope AA is working the phones and can find an upgrade. This organization gives players that arent good enough too long a leash.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DH for Goins, let the pitchers hit.

I like his defense but he never hit in the minors and I dont expect to him to hit in the majors. I really hope AA is working the phones and can find an upgrade. This organization gives players that arent good enough too long a leash.

If the Angels continue to suck, maybe they can be enticed into trading Howie Kendrick. Dunno for what though.

Or hey, maybe the D-Backs bottom out and entertain giving us Aaron Hill back. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
way to go, new guy! :laugh:

and on Edwin, I'm getting a little concerned about the Ks. His current K rate (just under 22%) Isn't bad for a guy that has as much power as Edwin does (in spite of not showing it yet) and isn't down scraping against the Mendoza line, but through 18.5 games so far he's struck out 19 times. Last season he didn't get to 19 strikeouts until almost his 30th game.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
way to go, new guy! :laugh:

and on Edwin, I'm getting a little concerned about the Ks. His current K rate (just under 22%) Isn't bad for a guy that has as much power as Edwin does (in spite of not showing it yet) and isn't down scraping against the Mendoza line, but through 18.5 games so far he's struck out 19 times. Last season he didn't get to 19 strikeouts until almost his 30th game.

EE hasn't looked right at the plate all year. Rasmus has looked foolish a lot more though. I'm getting tired of watching catchers essentially stand up behind him for the high heat and watching Rasmus strike out on the pitch every time.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Casual fan here with a question about the Kipnis at-bat and ones like it. When a batter fouls off so many pitches and then takes a walk, is it a deliberate strategy? Is he fouling off pitches in the strike zone because he doesn't think he can get a hit off them, so he's protecting himself, waiting for a walk? Or is he attempting to hit and just not putting balls in play? Sometimes one and sometimes the other?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Casual fan here with a question about the Kipnis at-bat and ones like it. When a batter fouls off so many pitches and then takes a walk, is it a deliberate strategy? Is he fouling off pitches in the strike zone because he doesn't think he can get a hit off them, so he's protecting himself, waiting for a walk? Or is he attempting to hit and just not putting balls in play? Sometimes one and sometimes the other?

A little of both. Just foul off the balls he can't do anything with and figure that sooner or later the pitcher will make a mistake that he can hit, or he'll miss the zone a couple of times and get the walk.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
A little of both. Just foul off the balls he can't do anything with and figure that sooner or later the pitcher will make a mistake that he can hit, or he'll miss the zone a couple of times and get the walk.

Thank you! (Canucks fan cheers for Jays.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad