Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
look at the numbers our pen has this year. Horrible from top to bottom. what can we even do? AA has no play with everyone struggling.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They should position a camera at the foul pole so you can easily see which side of it it goes past, none of that inconclusive BS.

Also our bullpen sucks

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
You watch. If these losses keep piling up there will be a a ton of talent on this team being moved.

Rogers will not screw around. Why should they spend 180 million to suck when they only needs to spend 80-100 million?

That's a very good question. And my answer to that would be: they won't. They'll trade their assets and start anew and build the farm up again. I rather that than what I'm watching right now. This team is a gong show and not very good at all. maybe 75-77 wins if we're lucky. Trade Bautista, Edwin, Buerhle, Dickey etc, get what you can for them and re-coup some of these prospects we lost in this terrible experiment.

Payroll should be around 70-80 million with this team the way they're going. It makes no sense to have payroll this high and hover at or below .500.

Last edited:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That's a very good question. And my answer to that would be: they won't. They'll trade their assets and start anew and build the farm up again. I rather that than what I'm watching right now. This team is a gong show and not very good at all. maybe 75-77 wins if we're lucky. Trade Bautista, Edwin, Buerhle, Dickey etc, get what you can for them and re-coup some of these prospects we lost in this terrible experiment.

Payroll should be around 70-80 million with this team the way they're going. It makes no sense to have payroll this high and hover at or below .500.

I think we'll likely be a .500 team at the end of the season but whats really the point of that? All that would entail is watching totally mediocre baseball the entire season while some of our better assets get older/depreciate and you run the risk of them either getting injured or a major drop in performance. I was super excited when the MIA/NYM's moves happened and was a huge AA fanboy. Now were 200+ games into this experiment and this team still looks frustratingly mediocre and I dont get the feeling something is majorily going to change all the sudden.

Trading Bautista to some struggling team like SEA or PITT and poaching some of there stacked farm would be a smart move imo. If this team is still a few games under .500 by the end of MAY I'm moving Bautista no questions asked. I also think you could get some NL team with a masssive ballpark to give up something usefull for Dickey.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think we'll likely be a .500 team at the end of the season but whats really the point of that? All that would entail is watching totally mediocre baseball the entire season while some of our better assets get older/depreciate and you run the risk of them either getting injured or a major drop in performance. I was super excited when the MIA/NYM's moves happened and was a huge AA fanboy. Now were 200+ games into this experiment and this team still looks frustratingly mediocre and I dont get the feeling something is majorily going to change all the sudden.

Trading Bautista to some struggling team like SEA or PITT and poaching some of there stacked farm would be a smart move imo. If this team is still a few games under .500 by the end of MAY I'm moving Bautista no questions asked. I also think you could get some NL team with a masssive ballpark to give up something usefull for Dickey.

Totally agree. I'm over the excuses of "it's early" no it's not ****ing early. We've had this team for over 200+ games, 8 months of baseball, and nothing has changed. Nothing will change, we're mediocre, we're .500 at best. There's no point in playing .500 ball getting a middle of the pack draft pick and keeping the payroll this high. Trade Bautista for the biggest package I don't care what team it is. Get rid of Dickey to the NL, trade Buerhle as well, he's had an amazing start and his value if he keeps this up will be huge by the deadline. Strip this ball club and cut payroll, re-coup some prospects. I rather watch a young team on the field then a bunch of expensive mediocre crap.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Incoming rant

Rasmus is the worst CF in baseball
Reyes has been nothing but **** since coming here
We don't have a second base for what? 5 years now
We have 3 starting pitchers
We are using the worst closer I've ever seen day after day after screw up after screw up
Our starting 3rd baseman is hitting .130. Love him tho

Just a really horrible team.

Aa is getting free pass year after year

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
ump ****ed reyes with that first pitch and he then decided to watch the rest of his at bat.

Any optimism I had for this team is officially gone. Regardless if they found a way to win in the 9th which we all know they won't. AA needs to forget about adding to this team and start thinking about retooling this team. They obviously just aren't a winner. Add to that Lawrie having a back issue, Cabrera gets hurt and Lind already down. This ****ing team is just doomed to fail.

I'll add they just find ways to lose.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Redmond is going to have to have a 4 day break after this AB it's taking so many pitches it's like a start.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Thole did not swing at that pitch,, I just can't believe it, omg that's worse than a Rasmus strike 3 swing :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad