Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
With the bullpen gassed, you'd throw a guy out there to get 1 or 2 outs, and then burn your 3rd pitcher in the 4th inning? I agree, #firejohngibbons

You bring in Loup who can easily give you a few innings. We brought him in too late. Id rather burn my best relievers early in an important situation and atleast give my team a chance to win.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
whats the point of keeping any of these players around?

I'm pretty sure they're keeping them around because most of them are veterans with a track record that management believes can become a playoff team.

The point of keeping them around is to hope that they start playing to their capabilities and help the team make the playoffs. Which is what you want/expect, right?

It is important to note: it's game 24 of 162. There is still a long way to go.

Personally, I think management is wrong. There is no conceivable way this team, with this pitching staff, can be a playoff team.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Sometimes baseball numbers make you do a double take. Delabar comes in. Lefties hit .194 off him. Righties .100. But his ERA is almost 5.00.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
You bring in Loup who can easily give you a few innings. We brought him in too late. Id rather burn my best relievers early in an important situation and atleast give my team a chance to win.

That I can agree with. I just wouldn't burn 2 relievers in a 3rd of an inning or whatever the situation was at the time.

Gibbons needed innings, and he made a coin flip. Wadya gonna do? :dunno: it was a tough spot for Jenkins to be put in, and just as easily could have happened to Loup...Morrow's the real turd here, that's all I know for sure.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Down three. None out. Runner on first. Desperate for runners and Colby is up there hacking... :facepalm:

Edit: Maybe I will just shut my big mouth...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What a useless at bat, no trust on his swinging in fear he'll cause a double play, no trust in going through with bunt because squeeze working unlikely.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Since I stopped watching in the 4th, I bet that woman behind home plate hasn't looked up from her phone. 2 outs, 2 run game with Santos on the mound and she hasn't looked up for a single pitch in this atbat lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad