Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
He has to work on things himself and earn the right to be put in that kind of position. Right now he is failing.

Yeah, just thinking you gotta try to help him if you can. Has an awful BA but his production is insane. Sample size, but still.. Makes you want to help him any way you can.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Another change-up to a RHB. Makes it so tough for righties, they have to worry about a 93-95 that can be spotted on the corners, a good moving slider away from RHB and now a change-up that dives inside.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Hutch is great at getting himself out of trouble. Great to see from such a young pitcher. Definitely think hes our future 2/3.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Velocity is incredibly sneaky. I remember prior to coming up he was averaging 90, then just prior to TJ he was hitting 93-94, now he's showing consistent 92-93 and an ability to hit 95 with pinpoint accuracy.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Good to see he's able to locate the two-seemer to keep his fastball away from bats. Looking real nice so far this year in general.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Velocity is incredibly sneaky. I remember prior to coming up he was averaging 90, then just prior to TJ he was hitting 93-94, now he's showing consistent 92-93 and an ability to hit 95 with pinpoint accuracy.

The year before he came up and had an incredible rise on the prospect lists, he was throwing 92-95... or at least that's what I remember KLaw mentioning and that was why he moved up the prospect list so much.

It was weird, when he was first came up, he didn't show that same velocity and was more around 89-91, 92 but then saw a jump to 92-95 few starts in and he's maintained that since the TJ which is nice to see.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The year before he came up and had an incredible rise on the prospect lists, he was throwing 92-95... or at least that's what I remember KLaw mentioning and that was why he moved up the prospect list so much.

It was weird, when he was first came up, he didn't show that same velocity and was more around 89-91, 92 but then saw a jump to 92-95 few starts in and he's maintained that since the TJ which is nice to see.

Ah I guess you're right. He and Alvarez pretty much mowed through 2011. Nestor Molina went crazy that year too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad