Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Not asking about term. Arseni's will be 1 year guaranteed based on his age.

I'm asking about bonus amounts.

I know there's a max 1 mill in type A (max 250k per bonus) and max 2.5 mill in type B.

Usually only the highly drafted guys get lots of bonuses negotiated in. But if there's no actual rules outlining it, Arseni definitely has leverage to ask for some performance bonuses in order to come over.

He'll almost certainly get some of those, not that it will matter if he signs the contract and burns it this season (which I think is deeply unlikely because of the change in the KHL calendar). Kaprizov got significant bonuses. I don't think he will be signing for a max contract, though.

Reactions: dgibb10

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not asking about term. Arseni's will be 1 year guaranteed based on his age.

I'm asking about bonus amounts.

I know there's a max 1 mill in type A (max 250k per bonus) and max 2.5 mill in type B.

Usually only the highly drafted guys get lots of bonuses negotiated in. But if there's no actual rules outlining it, Arseni definitely has leverage to ask for some performance bonuses in order to come over.

I don't think there's any restrictions about bonus amounts with regards to draft position. Pretty sure Jimmy Vesey and Justin Schultz got max bonus deals on their ELCs.

Looks like Sherterkin had a max bonus ELC when he signed at age 23.

We'll see if Gritsyuk/his agent insist on the ELC being registered for 2024-25 which would allow him to be RFA next summer. Ie, getting a guaranteed one way deal for 2025-26 may be preferable over the mandatory (two way) ELC with potential bonuses.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I don't think there's any restrictions about bonus amounts with regards to draft position. Pretty sure Jimmy Vesey and Justin Schultz got max bonus deals on their ELCs.

Looks like Sherterkin had a max bonus ELC when he signed at age 23.

We'll see if Gritsyuk/his agent insist on the ELC being registered for 2024-25 which would allow him to be RFA next summer. Ie, getting a guaranteed one way deal for 2025-26 may be preferable over the mandatory (two way) ELC with potential bonuses.
I don't think Gritysuk has the kind of Leverage a top college UFA does considering we control rights indefinitely vs expiring rights.

However it is a different ballgame with the KHL so who knows.

We'll just have to wait and see

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Demidov already looks like he's by far the best player on the ice every shift. He's creating left and right. Chicago, Anaheim, and Columbus better pray Levshunov, Sennecke, and Lindstrom really hit because letting him slip to 5 will prove to be an all time bad decision otherwise

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Good 1st for Gritsyuk. Involved in a few good chances. Most notable a couple of 2 on 1s. Shot both of them, missed the net on the first. Second one the rebound created a wide open net for his teammate but the D got there right before him and knocked it away. Had a 3 on 2 at the end of the period but bobbled the puck a bit and lost it

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Gritsyuk with a bizarre deflection goal off of like his hip or knee or something idk couldn’t tell what it it. Either way GOALLLLL

Edit: Challenged and no goal. No clue what was wrong with it

• Wow
Reactions: HBK27

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What a f***ing goal to tie the game at 4 in the 3rd. Carries the puck from inside his own blue line, beat a guy wide to the boards at center ice, cut inside between 2 guys at the top of the circle then tried to send a backhand pass cross crease to his teammate but it went off the Ds stick and in.

Almost scored earlier in the shift too. Took the puck from the goal line and carried it net front but his shot was stopped

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What a f***ing goal to tie the game at 4 in the 3rd. Carries the puck from inside his own blue line, beat a guy wide to the boards at center ice, cut inside between 2 guys at the top of the circle then tried to send a backhand pass cross crease to his teammate but it went off the Ds stick and in.

Almost scored earlier in the shift too. Took the puck from the goal line and carried it net front but his shot was stopped

IMG_8617.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad