GDT: 12/6/2015

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Let's see.. He hits Hall. Nurse gives him a whack issuing a challenge. He skates away from Nurse and hits Hall after the whistle. What a tough guy Kane is. I'm sure every GM in this league would take Kane over Eberle, amirite insider?

Yes. You are right.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Kane had a decent game until he decides to cower away from Nurse.
Do you really think Nurse has a chance against Kane? Kane would clobber him at this point in their careers. Maybe in a few years Nurse would have the advantage but Kane would make quick work of him currently.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Cowered. Oh brother..you're a beaut.

I wouldn't say cowered, but it looked like he was ready to go with Hall but wasn't interested in Nurse. Sort of Backes/Kesler-esque to go after the scorer over another tough guy

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Do you really think Nurse has a chance against Kane? Kane would clobber him at this point in their careers. Maybe in a few years Nurse would have the advantage but Kane would make quick work of him currently.

Nurse has got about 10-15 lbs on him and a ton of fighting experience. Watch him fight Hunter Smith. it'd be a good tilt if Kane didn't want the smaller guy

Aceonfire*

Then why wouldn't Kane fight him? But he was willing to fight Hall..

You are understating Nurse as a fighter.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I wouldn't say cowered, but it looked like he was ready to go with Hall but wasn't interested in Nurse. Sort of Backes/Kesler-esque to go after the scorer over another tough guy

Hall whacked him from behind. I think that would make anyone "want to go"

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Hahahaha, then why didn't Kane fight him? Nurse is tough as well. Try watching his fights? :laugh:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
That was kind of the point of the thread. This is Buffalo's 2nd season playing with their top picks and they are as ****** as Edmonton is who is in year 5 of theirs. Edmonton is clearly the better team as far as talent and chemistry is concerned at this point but they had a 4 year head start.

Thread was made by a Boston fan anyways iirc.

So what? That doesn't prove a damn thing other than big sample sizes are nifty.

We don't know what the future holds. The Sabres might be in the same spot 3 years from now, the Oilers might be a playoff team next year, hell this year with how bad the Pacific is. Both teams could suck, or just the Oilers. We don't know, and that thread was a giant waste of time. The only point that thread has was to belittle the Oilers.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Nilson was very good. Looks like the talbot trade was a waste with Nilson there all along. Also, why is Griffen Reinhart scratched (considering the price paid to get him) every game would've ben cool to face his brother.

Nilsson was never there all along. He was acquired by Chiarelli as well. With Talbot and him I am quite comfortable with the Oilers goaltending situation. Better than still relying on Scrivens in any capacity.

Reinhart doesn't have to clear waivers, whereas Davidson does and has earned a spot in the line-up. Once again, depth is a nice thing to start building.

I think you knew these answers, however, and I guess you continue to try and find a way to get the digs in after a 3 game winning streak, especially because the same opponents have rolled the Canucks as of late.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah, he sure proved it with his "great" game tonight. The useless player managed to produce. :popcorn::popcorn:

If you recall i called him useless when he doesn't produce...so keep eating that popcorn.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Nurse doesn't have a chance against Kane? Really? Nurse is a pretty tough kid. Flames fans said the same thing about Hunter Smith, and Nurse took everything Smith gave him, and bloodied Smith's face to boot.

Aceonfire*

Nilsson was never there all along. He was acquired by Chiarelli as well. With Talbot and him I am quite comfortable with the Oilers goaltending situation. Better than still relying on Scrivens in any capacity.

Reinhart doesn't have to clear waivers, whereas Davidson does and has earned a spot in the line-up. Once again, depth is a nice thing to start building.

I think you knew these answers, however, and I guess you continue to try and find a way to get the digs in after a 3 game winning streak, especially because the same opponents have rolled the Canucks as of late.

Don't bother. Reinhart's in the AHL and Nilsson started at the same time as Talbot.

Even a casual observer would know that. :laugh:

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
You can tell he's good, but I did not find Eichel impressive. I barely noticed him the entire game besides that weak goal Nilsson let in. He is a nice looking skater though. Very fast.

Aceonfire*

Because Hall had already boarded Reinhart and punched Kane. After the Sekera elbow to Eichel, Buffalo will be ready in March.

"Buffalo will be ready" :laugh:

Gear up boys were going to war.

And Eichel ran into Sekera's elbow. He should be more careful.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Because Hall had already boarded Reinhart and punched Kane. After the Sekera elbow to Eichel, Buffalo will be ready in March.

Yeah after two guys tripped Hall which lead to no call. Reinhart sure went down pretty easily. What a soft player :sarcasm:

Eichel ran into Sekera's elbow, but alright? :laugh:
And ready for what, exactly? Shouldn't they be ready every game? Why wait until March? Lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad