GDT: 12/14/2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What a joke.

Oshie boards Bennett who goes of.

Dumoulin tries to start something and gets a penalty. Caps PP.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Guess boarding isn't called anymore. Knowing this team, though, they'll just tell Oshie that he's a big meany.

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009
If that's boarding then there are probably 15 to 20 missed boarding calls a night.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Shouldn't of called the phantom interference that gave the Pens a PP either.

That was a lousy call and indicative of a bigger problem in this league - what is and isn't a penalty is ****ing random. High stick? Missed. Clear interference? Missed. Weakest possible definition of interference off a face-off? Called. Blatant trip? Missed.

Goes both ways every night...the reffing in this league is ****ing atrocious and, worst of all, is consistently inconsistent.

Well why is Dumoulin going after Oshie on a clean hit?

Why should Oshie have to fight?

Never said Oshie should have fought. If you think that Oshie didn't commit a foul (which is reasonable) then Dumoulin most certainly didn't. He challenged Oshie, Oshie didn't accept, and that was that. It's not like Dumoulin went in fists flying.

First penalty minutes of the season for Dumoulin, FWIW.

And I'm not sorry about feeling that those hits shouldn't be in the game. The Penguins have lost multiple players to "clean" hits a couple feet from the boards this year and we're not alone. Calling anything that happens along the board has the unfortunate side-effect of the hits moving further out, and those plays are arguably even more dangerous.

I'm certainly not calling for a major or a suspension, but in my book that'd be a minor...certainly more-so than that cheeky interference play earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad