GDT: 12/14/2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
That was a lousy call and indicative of a bigger problem in this league - what is and isn't a penalty is ****ing random. High stick? Missed. Clear interference? Missed. Weakest possible definition of interference off a face-off? Called. Blatant trip? Missed.

Goes both ways every night...the reffing in this league is ****ing atrocious and, worst of all, is consistently inconsistent.

Never said Oshie should have fought. If you think that Oshie didn't commit a foul (which is reasonable) then Dumoulin most certainly didn't. He challenged Oshie, Oshie didn't accept, and that was that. It's not like Dumoulin went in fists flying.

First penalty minutes of the season for Dumoulin, FWIW.

And I'm not sorry about feeling that those hits shouldn't be in the game. The Penguins have lost multiple players to "clean" hits a couple feet from the boards this year and we're not alone. Calling anything that happens along the board has the unfortunate side-effect of the hits moving further out, and those plays are arguably even more dangerous.

I'm certainly not calling for a major or a suspension, but in my book that'd be a minor...certainly more-so than that cheeky interference play earlier.

Man the whine is strong with this one. :laugh:

That post was almost an unbearable to read as it is to listen to your terrible homer announcers.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'm surprised Tom Wilson didn't get a penalty for sitting on the bench on that Oshie hit. Which was like a cleanest hit ever btw.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Bob Errey.

Then later he admits "the extending of the arms has been occurring for a long time"; uh yea Bob cause it is usually legal to hit a player with the puck.

I'm trying to picture a player going to throw a hit with their front side (not a shoulder check) while keeping their arms at their chest and the imagery is hilarious.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
LOLOL, Steigy is STILL whining about that check. Of course it wasn't "right into the numbers" you clown, he hit him in the shoulder! :lol:

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'm not saying that was or wasn't a board, but the Pens have been called for boarding on that same type of hit before (don't think it was this year though). And I'm sure every other team has as well. To me, it's one of those 50/50 calls depending on the ref.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Boarding is when you hit a defenseless player into the boards in a violent manner.
Good hit then, because Bennett wasn't defenseless, and the hit was not violent, but simply hard.
That might not have been a headshot, but it certainly wasn't "full body contact". It was high without a doubt.
Look at the replay, it was good.

Good god, what a boarding by Kunitz, he should be suspended. Right? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad