OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I brought this on myself with my comments about the apple store earlier...but got home and then my sons Nurse informed us that his Medicaid was cancelled. We had assumed that his medicaid was Medical Based Medicaid and not based on Income as we both make more money then would qualify for regular medicaid.

After spending an hour and a half on hold trying to speak with someone they informed us of this and said there was nothing we could do... Apparently a glitch in there system had us on regular medicaid and not disability based medicaid for his whole life...7 years. They say they are just now finding it because they never checked during the pandemic...so we have to reapply.

So with that we are no longer covered for his any of his oxygen, formula (he has a feeding tube), diapers, medicines, or other medical supplies. Medicaid says after we fill out the various forms and get the doctors to send over paperwork, gather employment verifications etc...it will take 45 Days minimum before we are approved or denied.

The nursing company says they can bill us directly for it and we can try to retroactive it with the medicaid but if they dont cover it then we will owe the nursing company $17,000 for the 6 week period we are being billed directly for.

This, is why I hate Dan Hilferty and other insurance people.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
1720278828165.png

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

If you want the tl;dr(or watch) apparently some social media 'influencers' are telling their followers sunscreen is toxic and using it is worse than the sun. Some have 'recipes' for bogus home versions of sunscreen that do very little.

Apparently the number of under 35 year olds who believe sun screen is not good for you is now 1 in 7.

Just more Internet Darwinism at work.

Before the mid to late 90s these people would have been holding up a placard at the boardwalk and being snickered at as people walked by.

Now crazy finds crazy and amplifies crazy.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Didn't read, but the truth is that sunscreen used to have some toxic ingredients. Still better to use it, but maybe research the ingredients on the one you use.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

If you want the tl;dr(or watch) apparently some social media 'influencers' are telling their followers sunscreen is toxic and using it is worse than the sun. Some have 'recipes' for bogus home versions of sunscreen that do very little.

Apparently the number of under 35 year olds who believe sun screen is not good for you is now 1 in 7.

Just more Internet Darwinism at work.

Before the mid to late 90s these people would have been holding up a placard at the boardwalk and being snickered at as people walked by.

Now crazy finds crazy and amplifies crazy.

These same people probably drank bleach because someone said it was ok

Reactions: ellja3

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
  • Haha
Reactions: BernieParent

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008