OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I brought this on myself with my comments about the apple store earlier...but got home and then my sons Nurse informed us that his Medicaid was cancelled. We had assumed that his medicaid was Medical Based Medicaid and not based on Income as we both make more money then would qualify for regular medicaid.

After spending an hour and a half on hold trying to speak with someone they informed us of this and said there was nothing we could do... Apparently a glitch in there system had us on regular medicaid and not disability based medicaid for his whole life...7 years. They say they are just now finding it because they never checked during the pandemic...so we have to reapply.

So with that we are no longer covered for his any of his oxygen, formula (he has a feeding tube), diapers, medicines, or other medical supplies. Medicaid says after we fill out the various forms and get the doctors to send over paperwork, gather employment verifications etc...it will take 45 Days minimum before we are approved or denied.

The nursing company says they can bill us directly for it and we can try to retroactive it with the medicaid but if they dont cover it then we will owe the nursing company $17,000 for the 6 week period we are being billed directly for.

This, is why I hate Dan Hilferty and other insurance people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad