OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
This concept of muting the mic except when asked a question at the upcoming first presidential debate may be the only way these things can occur going forward. I dont even know why they need to have a debate at this point...it's hard for me to imagine a lot of folks on the fence about who to vote for on either side.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
For me, I do more then Bike, I do a lot of strength classes, I have a Concept 2 Rowing Machine, I log outdoor walks, meditations, etc...So the benefit of Peloton having all that content is cool...a lot of other companies offer the same but the secret sauce with Peloton is the trainers themselves. Now you can buy just the app for like 10 bucks a month and dont need the equipment...but since i have the equipment already its fine

Like that article mentions, a lot of the trainers have dedicated followings. I personally do a lot of classes by Dennis Morton, Alex Toussant, Ben Aldis, and Kendall Toole (Who is leaving Peloton). The content itself is what really keeps people coming back, not just the equipment.
Damn, just saw her Instagram post that she's leaving. Going to miss her pop punk rides, those always had the best music. With Emma being pregnant and probably getting ready to stop for a while, I'm losing the instructors I love doing rides with. Luckily I'll still have AT, he's my favorite.

Reactions: Danko

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Just a regular day in our neighbourhood... idiot neighbours leaving food garbage out for our furry friends.

20240616_131950.jpg

(bear cub, if you can't tell)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Listen up. I need some big advice. If anyone knows any jewelers that aren't in big diamond corporations (like Vanscoy Maurer and bash etc) that humanely source their stones pls let me know. So far I have found one.

You know what's happening here. I'm very stressed. I will not be taking questions at this time.

Last edited:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Listen up. I need to some big. If anyone knows any jewelers that aren't in big diamond corporations (like Vanscoy Maurer and bash etc) that humanely source their stones pls let me know. So far I have found one.

You know what's happening here. I'm very stressed. I will not be taking questions at this time.
I wish I could tell you where he sources his diamonds from, but I can't find it anywhere. If you can find it and want more info on the place, let me konw

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anyone here been to Barbados?

Thinking about it for a Winter holiday and figured maybe some of you have since it is a short(ish) journey from the US.

Visited there on a Caribbean cruise back in 2010. Had a good time but it was only one day. All of those islands are beautiful.

Reactions: Appleyard

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Kristin McGee leaving Peloton also. So in the past few weeks:

• Ross Rayburn
  • Kendall Toole
  • Kristin Mcgee

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Listen up. I need some big advice. If anyone knows any jewelers that aren't in big diamond corporations (like Vanscoy Maurer and bash etc) that humanely source their stones pls let me know. So far I have found one.

This is where we went. I know it's family owned, but I'm not sure on sourcing.

What I can tell you is that I walked in with her because she wanted to see some settings from a brand they carried. I gave the man a budget so we made sure we were on the same page and he took the time to explain that for a pear stone, which was what she wanted, we didn't have to spend nearly that much and why. She chose a custom setting plus her favorite stone of the bunch and he still came in at roughly 54% of budget. And then threw me 50% off a $500 ring in the case that she liked so she had something to wear home too.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
My mom just found out that her friend passed away. 2 mo apart in age, they were neighbors in Philly for their first 5 years. Families stayed in close contact. He was in bad shape the last few years after a spinal fracture. They spoke monthly. 87 of friendship!!

I have 2 friends from before kindergarten, 55 yrs and counting. May we be as blessed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00