OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Kinda makes sense tbh. He's been the mayor for almost 15 years. I doubt he had much to do with it at this point.

Didn't click on it, but I can only imagine it's being razed to make room for luxury condos.

Very much doubt it. It will probably either be a hotel or broken up into a handful of absurdly-priced summer homes. Good luck trying to build anything for even 2 families on this island anymore. They want single families.

On the one hand, our property value went completely apeshit. On the other, I originally moved here when I was single because the people were so damn friendly. That gets less and less true every year. Go back to Florida, pricks.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Kinda makes sense tbh. He's been the mayor for almost 15 years. I doubt he had much to do with it at this point.

Very much doubt it. It will probably either be a hotel or broken up into a handful of absurdly-priced summer homes. Good luck trying to build anything for even 2 families on this island anymore. They want single families.

On the one hand, our property value went completely apeshit. On the other, I originally moved here when I was single because the people were so damn friendly. That gets less and less true every year. Go back to Florida, pricks.
Do you think they'll actually be able to build houses there with the boardwalk extending past the pier? I mean, if there is a way to make houses fit, you know damn well they'll do their best to make it happen. Just seems like it'll be a weird spot to try and put them in

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Do you think they'll actually be able to build houses there with the boardwalk extending past the pier? I mean, if there is a way to make houses fit, you know damn well they'll do their best to make it happen. Just seems like it'll be a weird spot to try and put them in

Unless I'm remembering wrong, the second you step onto the property, it's just one giant concrete pad. I'm sure it'll be a pain in the ass to remove, but it's just worth so damn much money. Someone will happily do it.

It wouldn't shock me if the front strip is kept commercial, but it's in a terrible spot. Unless you're coming from below 6th or you're playing volleyball, you have no reason to go there. Playland has been the more popular park since Scott started putting money into it ~25 years ago and it's right in the middle of the busiest section of the boardwalk.

What I don't know is who owns the rest of the stores on that block of Boardwalk (Johnson's, 7th St Surf Shop, etc) and if they want to sell. If all of a sudden an entire city block is available, all bets are off. That happens once a generation around here.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Unless I'm remembering wrong, the second you step onto the property, it's just one giant concrete pad. I'm sure it'll be a pain in the ass to remove, but it's just worth so damn much money. Someone will happily do it.

It wouldn't shock me if the front strip is kept commercial, but it's in a terrible spot. Unless you're coming from below 6th or you're playing volleyball, you have no reason to go there. Playland has been the more popular park since Scott started putting money into it ~25 years ago and it's right in the middle of the busiest section of the boardwalk.

What I don't know is who owns the rest of the stores on that block of Boardwalk (Johnson's, 7th St Surf Shop, etc) and if they want to sell. If all of a sudden an entire city block is available, all bets are off. That happens once a generation around here.

It basically is an entire block. I had the same question that y'all are already discussing: What would you put there? That end is rather dead, but you could make a pretty penny if you can find the right commercial "destinations" to rent out a brand new building space.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 201734.png

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It basically is an entire block. I had the same question that y'all are already discussing: What would you put there? That end is rather dead, but you could make a pretty penny if you can find the right commercial "destinations" to rent out a brand new building space.

View attachment 900045

The guy that owns the land now is currently in a multi-year war with the city over trying to build a huge hotel. The same guy did some…let’s say interesting things…to get a property on the street I used to live and break it up into small, stacked condos that blocked 3 ocean views. I would not call him popular locally.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

shed3.jpg

pg.png

Santa survived. A couple days without power, a $1500 shed, $450 in groceries and a few shutters. Other neighbors weren't as lucky, lots of roof damage due to falling trees. Neighborhood has been inundated with utility,tree and roofing companies. Will try and get some more pictures soon.

Been busting my ass cleaning up shed/yard the last couple days. Daily fires in the firepit has been a plus, burning all of the falling branches i can.

Last edited:

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

View attachment 900045
I remember when they built a skate park in the parking lot that was the land side of that property. Late 70s. It was on the back end of the first skateboarding popularity wave. Didn't last long.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Nice flyover by the Italian Airforce over Philly today ...only heard them and saw the remnants of the tricolor chemtrails 🇮🇹.

Too bad though my airdrop of cannolis didn't happen...😋

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Wife is sick with covid, what do you even do with that anymore?

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
If she can get it, take Paxlovid. I started it the day after testing and mild symptoms only lasted 3 days. The vax helps alot.

Reactions: BernieParent

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

So if you're at a doctor's office or wherever and a parent has given a toddler a tablet or phone to use. Smack that shit out of their hands, you're doing the world a favor.

But is aggrevated assault really the answer to the world's problems?

On a more serious note, I would question the scientific validity of such a study. A tablet is just a tool, like a book or a magazine. I remember when I was a kid the doctor's office always had copies of Highlights magazine in the waiting room. I liked to play that puzzle where you identified hidden shapes in a picture. Turns out there's an app for that:

Games & Puzzles | Highlights Kids

Don't see the difference between that and the magazine. My guess is that there are far more fun/educational things available on tablets today than what was on the tables in the waiting room back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00