OT: 115th Obsequious Banter Thread: 115 Minutes of Fame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who did "Fame" best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
This is DP territory but you'll want Mucinex over Sudafed. Breaks things up and gets them out.
Mucinex is good but despite me popping the pills like Tic Tacs..did nothing for RSV. If it is more of a dry cough and it lasts for weeks I would try to rule out RSV...of course Covid is ticking up again too...

Reactions: Danko

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
You sure it is not RSV? Last year after returning from Italy where I probably got it on the plane or from my a family friend's kids.....I had it for like a month or more. It was terrible. Only thing that helped was a steroid/inhaler I had.....fluticasone furoate (Breo Ellipta). None of that OTC shit worked....
It probably is, my daughter is in day care and has been coughing for a couple weeks but not much more symptoms then that

Mucinex is good but despite me popping the pills like Tic Tacs..did nothing for RSV. If it is more of a dry cough and it lasts for weeks I would try to rule out RSV...of course Covid is ticking up again too...

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Took a Covid test a few days ago, negative

Saw something about Recchi popping Sudafeds before games to help performance,

Reactions: Embiid

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Took a Covid test a few days ago, negative

Saw something about Recchi popping Sudafeds before games to help performance,
Hopefully not RSV then because I couldn't stand it......at night I felt like I was dying.....just coughed myself to sleep somehow

Reactions: BernieParent

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Have had this nasty cough for over a week now and have seasons first hockey game tonight...any one have a cough medicine/trick they use to stop f***ing coughing?

Sudafed?
Do you feel like you have shit to cough up?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Hurricane Lee is going to be an absolute problem. Let's hope it doesn't make landfall anywhere...
Can it not make landfall but still bring us some freaking rain?

Not really, just a dry cough thats exasperated when im laying down in bed at night. Can get into a coughing fit once i start coughing
Mucinex DM and lots of water. No Sudafed unless you feel head congestion.

Lots of water: carry your hydroflask/Starbucks straw cup/etc around with you and take a swig every 15 minutes. Refill it many times per day

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Lots of water: carry your hydroflask/Starbucks straw cup/etc around with you and take a swig every 15 minutes. Refill it many times per day

We should be getting a lot of rain between now and Sunday.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Not really, just a dry cough thats exasperated when im laying down in bed at night. Can get into a coughing fit once i start coughing
Well...same symptoms I had. I have mild asthma so I needed the steroid I mentioned upthread. Good luck....hope it does not last as long as mine. The coughing fits at night are brutal...

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@Beef Invictus Where are you on the David Lynch Dune?

I watched it again this afternoon for the first time in decades and my memories were completely wrong. It's not bad. I'm not calling it good. But it's sufficiently weird in that specific Lynch way. There's always something interesting from a design perspective in every scene. It's not just things like the attack pug or the cat being milked. It's nuttery like this everywhere:

image.png

Well, except the last half hour. That's abominable. But that's ok.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I watched it again this afternoon for the first time in decades and my memories were completely wrong. It's not bad. I'm not calling it good. But it's sufficiently weird in that specific Lynch way. There's always something interesting from a design perspective in every scene. It's not just things like the attack pug or the cat being milked. It's nuttery like this everywhere:

image.png

I love it in its own deeply bizarre way. I always watch it if it's on. And there's a guy on FB who has used it to churn out fantastic memes

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Is Mucinex DM Drowsy? Can i still drink with it? This is paramount above all concerns...

My on ice performance simply cannot take another hit or I may be moved from the C League to the Over 60 at 36.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Defect

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Is Mucinex DM Drowsy? Can i still drink with it? This is paramount above all concerns...

My on ice performance simply cannot take another hit or I may be moved from the C League to the Over 60 at 36.
Cough suppressants do cause drowsiness unfortunately...

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

image.png

Do yourself a favor and check out the SciFi series. It has hats.

b3lph5cuqqwmjbwaglm8.jpg

dune-mini-740x475.jpg

irulan-sc-03.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

That would be wonderful. I don't recall the last time it rained around here...

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad