BRUINS GDT 11/4 | Game 11: Motown and Bound | Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I always remember having Yzerman and Chiasson in my playoff hockey pools back in the mid to late 80s. Not sure I can name one red wing today.

What? Larkin, Seider and DeBrincat are well known quantities.

Can't wait to see how Poitras and Lohrei do today.. love those 2 guys on your squad

Enjoy your posts as you are a neutral fan.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Boston has lost last two of the last three at LCA. This has all the makings of a
game where Detroit has the motivation to stop a 4out of 5 skid and Boston has a depleted D corp playing on the road and not at home. Expect a two goal Wings win.

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
rene-rancourt.gif

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Boston has lost last two of the last three at LCA. This has all the makings of a
game where Detroit has the motivation to stop a 4out of 5 skid and Boston has a depleted D corp playing on the road and not at home. Expect a two goal Wings win.
I agree with most of your posts but this Bruins team has something not seen for quite some time and its a blue collar mentality and completely Marchand's team. I know they cant win them all but at the moment I can do is not count them out. I see a high scoring 6-5 game win.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Ullmark gets the start​

Linus Ullmark (4-0-1, 1.77, .939) began the night in net for the Bruins. Partner Jeremy Swayman (5-0-0, 1.38, .954) is slated for Monday night’s trip wrapup in Dallas . . . Through the first 10 games, the Bruins five times prevented their opponents from ever working with a lead. The totals: Bruins, 267:18; opponents, 66:16. The Bruins only once (Oct. 30 vs. Florida) ended the night with no lead time. However, they won that one in overtime, 3-2 . . . Derek Forbort, who sat out Thursday’s win with an unspecified injury, is on the trip but was not back in the lineup. The injured left home: Matt Grzelcyk, Milan Lucic, and Jakub Lauko. None of them will join the club in Big D . . . Charlie McAvoy, also back in Boston, served game No. 2 of his four-game suspension for his head hit on Oliver Ekman-Larsson. He will make his return Saturday night in Montreal . . . Kevin Shattenkirk (0-1–1) moved into McAvoy’s point spot on the first power-play unit, with van Riemsdyk at net front, Zacha the bumper, and Brad Marchand and Pastrnak on the flanks.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1699128154634.png

Tonight's Officials

1699128254925.png
1699128279444.png

Referees Garrett Rank (7), Michael Markovic (31)
Linespersons CJ Murray (68), Devin Berg (87)

TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins visit the Red Wings tonight in the second of four games between these teams this season and the frst of two visits to Little Caesars Arena this year ... The Bruins are 9-0-1 overall this season and they are 4-0-0 on the road ... They are 3-0-0 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. -The Bruins open their current two-game road trip tonight in Detroit (0-0-0) ... They conclude the trip in Dallas on 11/6 and then return home to host NY Islanders on 11/8.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - Charlie Coyle is 3 points shy of his 400th NHL point. - James van Riemsdyk is 4 points shy of his 600th NHL assist. - Charlie McAvoy is 5 assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Brad Marchand is 5 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - Charlie Coyle is 5 games short of his 800th NHL game. - Pavel Zacha is 6 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jake DeBrusk is 6 games short of his 400th NHL game. - James van Riemsdyk is 7 assists shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Derek Forbort is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Jeremy Swayman is 7 games short of his 100th NHL game. - Matt Grzelcyk is 9 games shy of his 400th NHL game.

INJURIES / SUSPENSION (13 man-games lost) - Derek Forbort: Lower body - Milan Lucic: Lower body IR - Jakub Lauko: Upper body IR - Matt Grzelcyk: Upper body IR - Charlie McAvoy: NHL-levied suspension (Gm 2 of 4)

BOSTON vs DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 616th time in their histories with Detroit holding a 258-257-95-5 margin and the Bruins having a 1,867-1,831 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 87-164-52-3 lifetime in 306 road games vs. the Red Wings with a Detroit having a 1,021-782 scoring advantage in those contests.​

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
OK, I am ready!!
1699129990312.jpeg

I agree with most of your posts but this Bruins team has something not seen for quite some time and its a blue collar mentality and completely Marchand's team. I know they cant win them all but at the moment I can do is not count them out. I see a high scoring 6-5 game win.
I agree with most of yours but I don't see Linus giving up 5 or 6.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
So basically Monty is going back to opening night top 9

Yep. There's something almost manic or compulsive about the frequency with which Monty changes up the lines. I'm not aware of any other coach that does it so often. Not a complaint since the guy clearly gets results, although I would note it bit him in the ass in the playoffs, but it's just really notable. Full circle tonight back to the beginning.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad