GDT: 11/30/2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
and what year will that be? they're honestly no where close to being playoff calibre.

It could be next year but somebody has to take the chance and trade some core pieces first. They've been standing pat with the core and the results don't change, whether its character, leadership, style of play etc. it doesn't work. So Chiarelli+ has to identify which players to move, which areas/characteristics to devote the return to and change the culture. Right now the players are comfortable as can be because nobody that's highly regarded has been shipped out despite all the losing.
If they get it right its a 1 year transformation to playoff team.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
HF will crash if Edmonton gets another first overall pick - I'd rather ****ing Toronto got it, and that's bad. Hell, I'd rather ANYONE else got it...such a joke.

oilers get another first overall pick?

Grab the popcorn and feel sorry for the mods who picked that day to log onto the computer to see what was going on. Oiler fans will be lined up and shot. We will have 30 to 40 threads suggesting the NHL needs to step in and do something. 10 to 20 threads on legal action options.

Oilers get another first overall--Grab the popcorn

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
oilers get another first overall pick?

Grab the popcorn and feel sorry for the mods who picked that day to log onto the computer to see what was going on. Oiler fans will be lined up and shot. We will have 30 to 40 threads suggesting the NHL needs to step in and do something. 10 to 20 threads on legal action options.

Oilers get another first overall--Grab the popcorn

I'll ask for a popcorn maker for Xmas. :laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Uhh..

It's 2015.

Playoffs in 06 ring a bell? They went to the cup finals.

That's slightly more relevant than a 1st round exit in a 48 game season.

10 years ago? you bringing something from 10 years ago to the discussion? 10 years? 10 years? Dude or dudess-- when you need to go back 10 years nothing can be that relevant. Same logic allows leaf fans to mention they have 13 stanley cup banners hanging around--the fact 99% of this place were not alive does not matter

5 year rule

only things in the last 5 years can be used as relevant information for or against an idea or stat-anything beyond that goes into the "good ole days" catagory

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
It could be next year but somebody has to take the chance and trade some core pieces first. They've been standing pat with the core and the results don't change, whether its character, leadership, style of play etc. it doesn't work. So Chiarelli+ has to identify which players to move, which areas/characteristics to devote the return to and change the culture. Right now the players are comfortable as can be because nobody that's highly regarded has been shipped out despite all the losing.
If they get it right its a 1 year transformation to playoff team.

could be a playoff team if Chi pulls all the right stings and has some players that step up to the plate.....

they need a goalie and they may want to go after Freddy Andersen who seems like he will not be back in Ducky land next year with Gibson ready and I believe his contract expires this year......I bet something around Eberle would work with pieces here and there....

then there is the D.....they should be pushing hard for a deal with Nashville for Josi, jones, ellis....not sure what they could offer up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad