GDT: 11/30/2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceonfire*

Still doesn't change the fact that I cheer for my team to win every game.

Most pathetic attitude a sports fan can have tbh.

Honestly after four 1st OA's... I'm surprised you haven't learned.

Cool story. Your condescending attitude is pretty funny considering you clearly misunderstood what I said and are running with it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I feel bad for most Oilers fans. They might be worse than an expansion team.

Just from my recent memory, they're definitely worse than the expansion minny wild team. Among others of course, but that one I can say with 100% confidence.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Canucks defense wasn't much help...just one big firedrill.

Tanev looks to be hurt, so the tank is truly on now!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
God damn the Oilers are ****ing terrible.

not according to some of the loyal fan otherwise known as my fellow oiler fans

Hall has one assist in five games. I assume we will get a few more "fix the bottom 6 of the oilers" threads on the main trade board. Oiler need to fix their top 6. too many assume mcdavid bouncing back to solve all their problems. IT wont and the faithful need to take a GOOD LONG LOOK at guys like Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Purcell, Pouliot and leon (2nd year guy I will cut him some slack.

Hall is in year 6. Nuge Year 5, Eberle year 6---this is their core and the guys who are the highest paid on the team--are they part of the solution or part of the problem? That is the question that needs to be asked.They are not rookies any more, they are vets and they need to man up this year or something needs to be done

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
One game can be the difference between getting a Patrick Kane or a Sam Gagner. :laugh:

And please as a Leaf fan, tell me what success looks like.

Is it one playoff appearance in 10 years?

Well they have the Oilers beat there...so...:dunno:

Aceonfire*

Well they have the Oilers beat there...so...:dunno:

Uhh..

It's 2015.

Playoffs in 06 ring a bell? They went to the cup finals.

That's slightly more relevant than a 1st round exit in a 48 game season.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009

Hall has one assist in five games. I assume we will get a few more "fix the bottom 6 of the oilers" threads on the main trade board. Oiler need to fix their top 6. too many assume mcdavid bouncing back to solve all their problems. IT wont and the faithful need to take a GOOD LONG LOOK at guys like Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Purcell, Pouliot and leon (2nd year guy I will cut him some slack.

Hall is in year 6. Nuge Year 5, Eberle year 6---this is their core and the guys who are the highest paid on the team--are they part of the solution or part of the problem? That is the question that needs to be asked.They are not rookies any more, they are vets and they need to man up this year or something needs to be done

I'm genuinely curious if you could make the Oilers a playoff team if you had no regard for the future. They're at least 3-4 major pieces that they don't have in their system away from contending, and the only way they can get them without making holes elsewhere is to get lucky in the draft or maybe a trade.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm genuinely curious if you could make the Oilers a playoff team if you had no regard for the future. They're at least 3-4 major pieces that they don't have in their system away from contending, and the only way they can get them without making holes elsewhere is to get lucky in the draft or maybe a trade.

oilers have the core

Leon D, Nurse, Klefbom, McDavid--they need to fill around them players to fill the other holes.

Oilers have too much top sirloin steak and not enough grunts around. More top picks will not help at some point in time they will take a hit and trade one of their Golden boys to address the physical needs of the team

white galaxy*

i was thinking oil fired up to play in toronto and light up rookie goalie , not happening

oil need some size and ruggedness on that soft roster . plus veteran leadership

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The one comment I love from my fellow oiler fan
"We can not win without Hall"--6 years in and we are in 30th spot--it is like a bad horror movie that just wont end.

Oilers are still an easy team to play against and until they grow a set and push back against other teams--they will get walked over

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
oilers have the core

Leon D, Nurse, Klefbom, McDavid--they need to fill around them players to fill the other holes.

Oilers have too much top sirloin steak and not enough grunts around. More top picks will not help at some point in time they will take a hit and trade one of their Golden boys to address the physical needs of the team

That's what I'm not sure about, I always thought they had more than enough steak to sell to fix their holes, but now I'm not sure that's true. Does RNH+Hall+Yakupov+picks return a #1D (#2 or high end #3 like Hjalmarsson if Nurse develops the way they hope he does) + high end powerforward winger + top goalie + a few more good middle-6 wings?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Remeber that when Matthews is playing for a different team.

HF imploded when McDavid went to the Oilers and like 90% of it was fans such as yourself.

YOU LOST THE GAME!!!! Man is it that bad in Edmonton that Oiler fans now rip other fanbases for beating them...my goodness get a grip people. You're supposed to win games, not lose them.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site

I don't think they should keep that core together beyond this season. Once McDavid comes back things will improve and people will forget what the team is without him. Its not that the Oilers lack talent, they lack cohesion and have been together long enough to prove they won't grow into it. The bonus for Edmonton is they have valuable pieces to make it happen in trades which could result in a turnaround over the course of 1 summer. Somebody just needs to pull the pin and of course find the right players when they do. The culture is similar to what the Leafs was and that's not good for anyone. For some fans its going to hurt to see their guy go but they'll get over it quickly once the Oilers are playoff bound.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
also I have to say for all the high draft picks the Oilers have they are a pathetic team..seriously what a joke of a team. That was a terrible performance, absolutely no spine to them, they're very easy to check, they lost a ton of board battles, countless turnovers in the neutral zone and in the D-zone. Yikes!

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
That's what I'm not sure about, I always thought they had more than enough steak to sell to fix their holes, but now I'm not sure that's true. Does RNH+Hall+Yakupov+picks return a #1D (#2 or high end #3 like Hjalmarsson if Nurse develops the way they hope he does) + high end powerforward winger + top goalie + a few more good middle-6 wings?

I bet any of those guys would have made an enticing package for Dougie Hamilton.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
HF will crash if Edmonton gets another first overall pick - I'd rather ****ing Toronto got it, and that's bad. Hell, I'd rather ANYONE else got it...such a joke.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't think they should keep that core together beyond this season. Once McDavid comes back things will improve and people will forget what the team is without him. Its not that the Oilers lack talent, they lack cohesion and have been together long enough to prove they won't grow into it. The bonus for Edmonton is they have valuable pieces to make it happen in trades which could result in a turnaround over the course of 1 summer. Somebody just needs to pull the pin and of course find the right players when they do. The culture is similar to what the Leafs was and that's not good for anyone. For some fans its going to hurt to see their guy go but they'll get over it quickly once the Oilers are playoff bound.

and what year will that be? they're honestly no where close to being playoff calibre.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ha. The Leafs rebuild is already ahead of the Oilers 8 year rebuild 2 months in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad