GDT: 11/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
so i guess that sort of thing is why coaches put out goons for the last shift in an obvious loss. (edit: i mean, to soak up any last minute dirt)

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Twice in the game Bruins jumped guys from behind when they were already engaged with someone else, and now with 5 secs left and a two goal lead Belesky chops at the unprotected parts of Zucker's knee.

Scum.

A scrum gets everyone involved pulling guys off eachother. Wild players didn't want to square up.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That was a shoulder hit. Clean.

That was a sensitive spot that was hit on Zucker.

Don't know about that, saw two different videos on twitter that showed otherwise and it was just awkward into the boards in general. And add that to the cheap stuff by Carter at the end and the Wild can't exactly play the innocent angels card

I hope Zucker is alright, hopefully he didn't catch a rut or anything on that love tap. That is really the only way I could see him getting injured, Kelly did the same thing earlier.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Is there a team in hockey that improved one position group (off, def, g) more in the offseason than Buffalos offense? Last year was so fun playing them because you could completely neglect the defensive zone and it didn't matter because they weren't going to score. And it's not just Eichel/O'Reilly.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
A scrum gets everyone involved pulling guys off eachother. Wild players didn't want to square up.

what? i'm not arguing either way but that's your response when someone points out the Bruins doubled up on Wild players twice in scrums? That makes no sense? we didn't want to square up against two bruins at a time?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't know about that, saw two different videos on twitter that showed otherwise and it was just awkward into the boards in general. And add that to the cheap stuff by Carter at the end and the Wild can't exactly play the innocent angels card

I hope Zucker is alright, hopefully he didn't catch a rut or anything on that love tap. That is really the only way I could see him getting injured, Kelly did the same thing earlier.

The Carter thing seemed like your standard post-whistle scrum until Krug tossed his buttend towards him.

Only my guess, though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is there a team in hockey that improved one position group (off, def, g) more in the offseason than Buffalos offense? Last year was so fun playing them because you could completely neglect the defensive zone and it didn't matter because they weren't going to score. And it's not just Eichel/O'Reilly.

They've scored the 4th fewest goals in the league, least in the Atlantic. It's better for sure because last year was absolutely abysmal, but it still isn't all that good

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
what? i'm not arguing either way but that's your response when someone points out the Bruins doubled up on Wild players twice in scrums? That makes no sense? we didn't want to square up against two bruins at a time?

If a bigger player starts pushing on a small guy with a bigger player or our resident fighter on the ice what do you expect to happen? Players double up in scrums every game, this seems like bitterness more than anything.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Twice in the game Bruins jumped guys from behind when they were already engaged with someone else, and now with 5 secs left and a two goal lead Belesky chops at the unprotected parts of Zucker's knee.

Scum.

Hahaha 6' 205 lb Carter picks a spot with 5'9" 185 lb Krug with barely any time left in the game at all just prior to the Zucker injury but lets not talk about that.

white galaxy*

I was skeptical because all I had known was Ralph and Razor, but I think I prefer Strader in the role now that I've had some time to hear him. His voice is a perfect fit with Razor's.

ya the duo works great . strades on a conservative even keel simply calling the action with no broadcast school fakeness to his voice such as the mutant freaks currently calling leafs / nucks / devs / etc

and razor making alot of pertinant observations in his high energy / great attitude style brings the excitment to game

an excellent booth such as this seriously improves the game from my angle

these two are up there near gord n ray now

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
If a bigger player starts pushing on a small guy with a bigger player or our resident fighter on the ice what do you expect to happen? Players double up in scrums every game, this seems like bitterness more than anything.

krug bopped carter in the face to start the thing. carter supposed to say "ha ha little fella, ain't you cute?" and pat him on the head? tell Krug to not punch people in the face. Spurgeon is smaller than him and he handles himself in scrums.

bitterness. yeah over one of our producers leg getting taken out in the waning seconds of a game from a slash (ill-intended or not). You'll just have to excuse me for being bitter about that.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Hahaha 6' 205 lb Carter picks a spot with 5'9" 185 lb Krug with barely any time left in the game at all just prior to the Zucker injury but lets not talk about that.

you weren't watching. Krug started it by throwing a punch at carter.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

As someone else said, they're one of the worst offensive teams still.

Blues playing terrible defense is making that less obvious.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
krug threw a punch to get Carter to stop poking at the pads. that's what started it.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Again, this happens in any game.

i know this. yet you people continue to claim Carter was picking a fight with a midget somehow and that's why he was doubled up on. edit: it's neither here nor there, as I really don't care about anything other than the slash. I believe i got off on a tangent when someone seemed to imply Carter was gooning it up vs Krug to distract from (or justify) the later slash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad