10th annual "Official Habs Board Mock Draft" 2016 edition (Part 2) - COMPLETE!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
coyote1.jpg

With the 187th pick Arizona selects forward Grant Jozefek from Lincoln of the USHL

jozefek_web.jpg

Buffalo pm'ed.

7th: Clay Keller
22nd: Tage Thompson
37th: Nate Bastian
67th: Ty Ronning
127th: Kyle Maksimovich
157th: Matt Fonteyne
165th &1/2: Auston Matthews
187th: Grant Jozefek

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:sabres:sabres:sabres:sabres:sabres

With the 188th pick, Buffalo Sabres selects JEREMY HELVIG, overager goalie from the Kingston Frontenacs. Helvig is probably the goalie with the greatest improvement amongst the goalies in the CHL. We want to see where his ceiling is and with that kind of improvement, with his size, with his work ethic, we think he's a good pick at this stage.

kingston-goalie-jeremy-helvig-looks-for-the-puck-but-it-boun.jpeg

PM'ing myself.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

With the 189th pick, Buffalo Sabres selects GRAHAM MCPHEE, from the USDP program. McPhee while overshadowed by greater offensive talent, showed all year long his 2-way game, while showing some impressive work ethic, competitiveness, and toughness despite his size. We also think, like some otherse, that there might be a little more offense in him than what has transpired so far. How about using a 7th rounder to know if it's possible. EVen if not, McPHee has the qualities to be an effective bottom 6 player.

GRAHAM_MCPHEE_672_v2.jpg

Next GM will be PM'ed.

BUFFALO SABRES 2016 DRAFT
8 - Matt Tkachuk
38 - Cam Dineen
68 - Ryan Lindgren
75 - Dylan Gambrell
88 - Trent Frederic
89 - Maxime Fortier
98 - Jordy Stallard
128 - Brandon Hagel
129 - Willie Knierim
158 - Max Zimmer
188 - Jeremy Helvig
189 - Graham McPhee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Whitesnake's homage to ancient poster McPhee.

You and I really lucked out with the amount of selections at our disposal, WS.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Whitesnake's homage to ancient poster McPhee.

You and I really lucked out with the amount of selections at our disposal, WS.

Clearly. Easier to do a good job with tons of picks for sure. And a "good job"...we will know if 4, 5 or 6 years. I'm happy how it turned out. I think I drafted a few NHL'Ers. Remains to be seen about their ceiling.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

With the 189th pick, Buffalo Sabres selects GRAHAM MCPHEE, from the USDP program. McPhee while overshadowed by greater offensive talent, showed all year long his 2-way game, while showing some impressive work ethic, competitiveness, and toughness despite his size. We also think, like some otherse, that there might be a little more offense in him than what has transpired so far. How about using a 7th rounder to know if it's possible. EVen if not, McPHee has the qualities to be an effective bottom 6 player.

GRAHAM_MCPHEE_672_v2.jpg

Next GM will be PM'ed.

8 - Matt Tkachuk
38 - Cam Dineen
68 - Ryan Lindgren
75 - Dylan Gambrell
88 - Trent Frederic
89 - Maxime Fortier
98 - Jordy Stallard
128 - Brandon Hagel
129 - Willie Knierim
158 - Max Zimmer
188 - Jeremy Helvig
189 - Graham McPhee

So many US products. That's your new pipeline, now that we've been exploiting your Wolverine one!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Posting quickly from work again.

Colorado selects Daniil Miromanov

10. Tyson Jost
40. Sam Steel
70. Luke Green
130. Joseph Woll
160. Matthew Cairns
190. Daniil Miromanov

PMing on mobile is a nightmare. Can someone please PM next for me?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

GRAHAM_MCPHEE_672_v2.jpg

Next GM will be PM'ed.

8 - Matt Tkachuk
38 - Cam Dineen
68 - Ryan Lindgren
75 - Dylan Gambrell
88 - Trent Frederic
89 - Maxime Fortier
98 - Jordy Stallard
128 - Brandon Hagel
129 - Willie Knierim
158 - Max Zimmer
188 - Jeremy Helvig
189 - Graham McPhee

there goes my goalie, thats.. alot of picks :laugh:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
there goes my goalie, thats.. alot of picks :laugh:
I still have at least 10 other names that I can sell at a really cheap price...;)

One goalie in particular that could be a total flop or a big homerun....a pick with a really neat twist.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Was going to actually think about my pick more, but I'll just go for the hometown boy in Luc Deschenes of the Charlottetown Islanders.
Growing up he was the talk around town, as though Luc could make the NHL one day. It still is possible I suppose, but not likely. He's got great skills, and definitely has some NHL potential so I'll take him with the last pick of my draft :)

Can someone PM next GM please.

EDIT: I actually PM'ed him so don't bother anymore

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I gather a lot of you watched U-18 games? There's a Swedish kid who from all accounts will be taken in the top 4 rounds that has thus far gone undrafted. He may be a top 100 pick. Wish I had a 7th rounder. ;)

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I gather a lot of you watched U-18 games? There's a Swedish kid who from all accounts will be taken in the top 4 rounds that has thus far gone undrafted. He may be a top 100 pick. Wish I had a 7th rounder. ;)

(Completely sidetracking but what are your thoughts on Deschenes? Do you think he has any chance of being drafted this year?)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

I'll trade you the the 208 pick (so the one right after I pick) if you tell me that man's identity :naughty:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Is it a F.N.

or an L.O.?

I have no picks left.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

I know exactly who you mean. He is in my list. But I fell in the trap of going with guys that might be more "productive" than going with a guy who might be more NHL worthy. Kid is safe, steady and he will be picked as you said in that round. Great size to go with that too. I wanted a goalie for my team....could have probably went with him instead of McPhee....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad