10th annual "Official Habs Board Mock Draft" 2016 edition (Part 2) - COMPLETE!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just letting you know guys that the Buffalo picks will be done tonight even if we come to me before. Have too many names......can't screen them all from now till tonight. Thanks.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
BTW - multiple scouting sources are telling me Stanley will be picked in the first round of the draft..perhaps as high as 22. I don't think he should be taken that high..but it sounds like it's happening.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
BTW - multiple scouting sources are telling me Stanley will be picked in the first round of the draft..perhaps as high as 22. I don't think he should be taken that high..but it sounds like it's happening.

Teams will never not love size, so I can definitely see it happening. As long as it's not us, whatever.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Good let another team waste a first round pick. It won't be us and I'm fine with that.

Like we discussed. He is a gamble in the 2nd-3rd range you can justify taking.. A first round pick.. That can hurt ya

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Wow. Well....we will know in the future I guess but I would not have done that. Surely this year, Stanley is a 2nd rounder. But not even high 2nd round for me. We will see.

Thanks for letting us know. At least we won't b too schocked by it....

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Wow. Well....we will know in the future I guess but I would not have done that. Surely this year, Stanley is a 2nd rounder. But not even high 2nd round for me. We will see.

Thanks for letting us know. At least we won't b too schocked by it....

Bob Mac's list is usually a pretty good indicator..he's been in there all season I believe.

I'm not getting it..you'd think teams would have learned about overrating tall dmen by now..hard to break old habits I guess.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
:leafs :leafs :leafs

With their final pick, 181st overall in the 2016 NHL Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs select Boston College commit, defenceman Luke McInnis.

Luke+McInnis+7DJZZqsVphHm.jpg

We like Luke's mobility and offensive upside. He was close to being the highest scoring defenceman on the Youngstown Phantoms as a 17 year old. He is going to a great hockey program at Boston College where he can develop and get stronger.

Leafs 2016 Draft:
1(1): Auston Matthews - C
1(27): Pascal Laberge - C
2(31): Kale Clague - D
2(60): Givani Smith - LW
3(61): Jacob Moverare - D
3(71): Max Lajoie - D
4(91): Nicholas Caamano - RW
4(100): Filip Hronek - D
5(121): Mathias From - LW
5(151): Brett Murray - LW
6(178): Patrick Bajkov - LW/RW
7(181): Luke McInnis - D

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I like O'Brien as a late pick...there's another kid in PG I like more, though. :)
I probably look like an idiot for asking this. . . but what's the PG?
Wow. Yikes.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
:nuck :nucks :nucks

With the 183rd overall pick , the Vancouver Canucks are enthusiastic(tired of using proud!) to chose, from the Québec Remparts of the Québec Major Junior Hockey League, LW Matthew Boucher!

DSC_7930.jpg

The son of former Stanley Cup winner and NHL All-Star Phillipe Boucher, Matthew plays the same gutsy brand of hockey of his patriarch. Although he's not the biggest at 5'9'' and 175lbs, he excels at separating himself from the coverage of the opposition. He doesn't possess the best firing arsenal in terms of power yet, but he has a rather accurate wrister. Matthew's the classic case of a player who benefited from being a late birthday, as his numbers were unimpressive prior to his team leading 30-30 season. We think he still has room to grow as his father is 6'2''. Another factor that made our staff love him was the fact that he drives under pressure. In Québec, he plays for his father who is the Coach/GM, and that is one of the toughest challenge a hockey player can face, to play under the padré. His assets actually remind us of another Boucher, Reid de son prénom, but a lot will to fall into place for him fullfill his potential.

Vancouver's Draft

5. Pierre-Luc Dubois, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles(QMJHL), LW/C
33. Alex Debrincat, Érié Otters (OHL), C
63. Frédéric Allard, Saguenéens de Chicoutimi(QMJHL), RD
93. Chad Krys, United States National Team Development Program (USNTDP), LD
153. Alexis D'Aoust, Cataractes de Shawinigan(QMJHL), RW
183. Matthew Boucher, Remparts de Québec (QMJHL), LW

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:cbj :cbj :cbj

With the 184th overall pick, the Columbus Blue Jackets select,
from Allmänna Idrottsklubben (AIK) of the Allsvenskan, center

Fredrik Karlström

DSC_7583_500.jpg

Fredrik Karlström is a playmaking centerman with good size. Really came into his own with strong playoffs in his junior league. Also got a glimpse of pro hockey this season. Needs to work on his speed and overall game including faceoffs.

Draft recap

1st round, 3rd overall - Jesse Puljujärvi, RW, Kärpät Oulu, Liiga
2nd round, 34th overall - Tyler Benson, LW, Vancouver Giants, Western Hockey League
3rd round, 64th overall - Casey Fitzgerald, D, Boston College, Hockey East (NCAA)
6th round, 154th overall - Veini Vehviläinen, G, Jyväskylän Palloilijat, Liiga
7th round, 184th overall - Fredrik Karlström, C, Allmänna Idrottsklubben (AIK), Allsvenskan

That pm'd

Calgary Flames are on the clock

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select. From The Saginaw Spirit Keaton Middleton

MiddletonKeaton1156.JPG

Next GM Pmed

I thought hard about taking him instead of Rubins at 175. I think Middleton has a lower ceiling but is probably more likely to reach it. Decided to gamble anyway. Good pick!

eaglesmaster

Sep 20, 2008
:jets:jets:jets

With the 186th pick, the jets select defenseman Chase Priskie, from Quinnipac University of the NCAA.

z33OUX3x.jpg

Chase has seen significant progression in his game. He has developed into one of the better two-way defensemen in the NCAA. Chase is a very intelligent player with excellent puck moving ability and good skating. If he continues to bulk up, and learns to play the body a bit more, he could surprise people in a few years.

Final Draft Recap
2. Patrik Laine F
26. Rasmus Asplund F
36. Brett Howden F
96. David Quenneville D
126. Zach Sawchenko G
156. Gustaf Westlund F
186. Chase Priskie D
*will format the recap better tommorow, gotta wake up in 5 hrs.....

*arizona has been pmed

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad