10th annual "Official Habs Board Mock Draft" 2016 edition (Part 2) - COMPLETE!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Dec 2, 2010
NYI Picks Nolan Stevens. Writeup later. GM pmed.

~~~:isles:isles:isles~~~

The NY Islanders are proud to select with the 192nd pick, from Northeastern University, Nolan Stevens

507938050-nolan-stevens-of-the-northeastern-huskies-gettyimages.jpg

Big shot. Late bloomer. Still getting used to his size and gained a lot of strength in the summer.
Pro smarts in 3 zones. Can play C or wing. Near PPG and led team in goals in his sophomore year of college/draft eligibility.
Huge part of Hockey East championship team. Son of current sought-after LA Kings asst.coach John Stevens.

GM PMed.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
:nucks :nucks :nucks

With the 193rd overall pick , the Vancouver Canucks are ecstatic(don't worry kiddoh, we still love you even if you weren't our first choice) to chose, from the Océanic de Rimouski of the Québec Major Junior Hockey League, Samuel Laberge!

2015-09-22-08-49-11-Samuel%20Laberge%20-%20Heureux.jpg

We're glad you're so happy Sam, now let us speak of you to our fans

In his 2nd year of draft eligiblity, Laberge really seized his chance to become a leader for Rimouski, as the team went all in last year and he was one of the few players to win the 2015 President's cup to come back. While his numbers improved noticeably offensively, we pickedSamuel because he has the tools to become a useful checker for any NHL team: he's tenacious, he's a decent skater and he gives it his all on both sides of the ice sheet. Additionally, although he still has work to do in that area to succeed in the pros, he's already well developed physically. Most of all, he's a player that plays at his best when the odds are at the zenith. Laberge excels at 1v1 battles along the boards or in front of the net and this might just get him to play in the best hockey league one day.

Vancouver's Draft

5. Pierre-Luc Dubois, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles(QMJHL), LW/C
33. Alex Debrincat, Érié Otters (OHL), C
63. Frédéric Allard, Saguenéens de Chicoutimi(QMJHL), RD
93. Chad Krys, United States National Team Development Program (USNTDP), LD
153. Alexis D'Aoust, Cataractes de Shawinigan(QMJHL), RW
183. Matthew Boucher, Remparts de Québec (QMJHL), LW
193 Samuel Laberge, Océanic de Rimouski (QMJHL)

That's it for Vancouver. As always it was a pleasure to be part of it. I am happy with my draft overall, though I really really wanted both Sawchenko and Bajkov. Allard was a must for me. I'm sure you guys are the same, there's always that one guy you have to pick, well that was him this year.

If somebody needs to get his Q ratio up, I've got one more guy on my list, and he's the son of a former NHLer too. I really debated between him and Laberge. ;)

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Damn sry guys, give me a sec

I would have picked him much earlier if he would have been available....;)

I looked a few days ago to see if he was drafted and I didn't bother to check if he was signed, oh man :laugh:

Nice try. ;)

I know right. I remember you mentioning him last year. And thought about how he wasn't drafted. These frigging Flyers and their UFA signings.

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Damn sry guys, give me a sec

I looked a few days ago to see if he was drafted and I didn't bother to check if he was signed, oh man :laugh:

I know right. I remember you mentioning him last year. And thought about how he wasn't drafted. These frigging Flyers and their UFA signings.

I ranked him 102nd overall for McKeen's in last year's draft...and was surprised the Qcentric group here never picked him in the mock.

Shock us all and take a western boy QP.

Dec 2, 2010
Okay edited my post to make it look nice. And thanks, Grant! Read that he was still growing and a very late bloomer. Bodes well that his dad is a hell of a coach.

Writeup for Habsfan18: NYI's 192 pick Nolan Stevens

"Big shot. Late bloomer. Still getting used to his size and gained a lot of strength in the summer. Pro smarts in 3 zones. Can play C or wing. Near PPG and led team in goals in his sophomore year of college/draft eligibility. Huge part of Hockey East championship team. Son of current sought-after LA Kings asst.coach John Stevens."

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I was just going to pick Stevens, nice one. He might have a shot at becoming an NHLer, plays a "bottom 6 friendly" game

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I don't expect my turn to come up tonight (199), but I'll be ready tomorrow morning, with what remains of my list.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:bruins

hmm theres still 3 guys that i really like, nonetheless the Boston Boons are happy to select Brett McKenzie!

nb_12_brettmckenzie_ep.jpg

1 (14): Logan Brown
1 (20): Samuel Girard
2 (32): Libor Hajek
2 (51): Janne Kuokkanen
5 (134): Tarmo Reunanen
5 (135): Filip Berglund
6 (164): Tim Wahlgren
7 (194): Brett McKenzie

PM'ing next GM

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
:wild :wild :wild

With the 195th pick, Minnesota is proud to select, from Waterloo in the USHL: Jake Ryczek.

520x390-featured-image-19.jpg

"Jake thrived after getting traded from Sioux City to Waterloo, where he was able to put up over a PPG eclipsing his Sioux City point totals in no time. He is an offensively minded defensemen who has the skating and the flair to jump into the rush with autority and create offense from the back end. His defensive game is still rounding out and he has some filling out to do but we believe that his skating ability could take him a long way. He is commited to Providence College."​

Next GM pm'ed

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Nice pick with Ryczek. I pondered the idea of selecting him with my last pick. If I had a 7th, I would have taken a flyer on him for sure. His defensive game is atrocious, but his ability to put up points will probably have a few GMs out there taking the risk of drafting him.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
With their last pick of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select, from the Niagara Ice Dogs, goaltender Stannis Baratheon (a.k.a. Stephen Dhillon).

16. Kieffer Bellows
46. Jonathan Dahlen
106. Connor Hall
136. Jordan Sambrook
166. Kristian Reichel
196. Stephen Dhillon

PMing the next GM.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Nice pick with Ryczek. I pondered the idea of selecting him with my last pick. If I had a 7th, I would have taken a flyer on him for sure. His defensive game is atrocious, but his ability to put up points will probably have a few GMs out there taking the risk of drafting him.

Thanks! First time doing a full mock, always been a huge fan of the draft but I'm more used to getting to know the top 60-90 than researching potential 6th and 7th rounders so it's nice to know that I'm not completely out to lunch with my late picks.

Yeah, I'd rather swing for the fences and go for a kid with actual talent. I have to admit I haven't really seen much of him but the stats are good and he seems like he has ways to grow with how bad his D game is and how much of a lightweight he is. If he can fill out and keep growing his skating ability it should help his D game and he might be half decent down the line.

There are still quite a few guys I like who are likely to go undrafted.

Hopefully next year I don't get the rookie treatment and get a team with more than 4 picks (two 7th rounders) as I don't think I wasted more than 5 minutes total with my 3 picks yet, maybe I need to get a life. :D

With their last pick of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select, from the Niagara Ice Dogs, goaltender Stannis Baratheon (a.k.a. Stephen Dhillon).

16. Kieffer Bellows
46. Jonathan Dahlen
106. Connor Hall
136. Jordan Sambrook
166. Kristian Reichel
196. Stephen Dhillon

PMing the next GM.

Nice, Dhillon was my next pick, was saving him for 204, youngest player in the draft, missed the cut by one little day if I'm not mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad