OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Anyone have running shoe recommendations? My Hoka’s just wore out. I liked them but was curious if there was anything better out there.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If you go to your ignore list, at the very bottom (this is a long scroll for me, since I've got over 400 users on mine), there is an option that lets you either remove ignored content entirely or hide with, but with an option to reveal it.

View attachment 591967
It doesn't look like that does what I'm looking for. This particular poster started a thread in the basketball forums. If I ignore him, I don't see the thread at all. I want to see the threads he creates (he creates quite of few of them) I just don't want to see his posts.

Anyone have running shoe recommendations? My Hoka’s just wore out. I liked them but was curious if there was anything better out there.
Brooks have always been my favorite but running shoes are a personal thing depending on whether you pronate or not, how big you are, etc...

Reactions: FLYguy3911
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Question for our esteemed mods- if you put someone on ignore you don't see any threads they create. This seems like a bad thing. I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Any chance some smart person would look into changing how this works?

For the record, the person that I would really, really like to ignore is not a Flyers fan and doesn't post here. Just almost everywhere else.

Well there is a certain moron on the main boards that I usually have on ignore but I really can’t because I won’t be able to see the MLB game day thread and some football threads.
Also if you know someone posting in said thread and you will get a error message saying the thread doesn’t exist. I tried to get in that way thru the backdoor but no dice

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Well there is a certain moron on the main boards that I usually have on ignore but I really can’t because I won’t be able to see the MLB game day thread and some football threads.
Also if you know someone posting in said thread and you will get a error message saying the thread doesn’t exist. I tried to get in that way thru the backdoor but no dice
Yeah, that's the situation.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
It doesn't look like that does what I'm looking for. This particular poster started a thread in the basketball forums. If I ignore him, I don't see the thread at all. I want to see the threads he creates (he creates quite of few of them) I just don't want to see his posts.
If you un-check it, you'll get an option to display threads started by people you ignore. At the bottom right of the list of threads, there's an option that says "show ignored content", and if you click on it the thread will appear.

ignorethreads.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1917 was a good movie. And I don't mean good in a way of my personal enjoyment, but more of the cinema experience. We don't really get those kind of movies anymore, the big budget movies are all CGI/Comic book/etc.

Its how I felt about Top Gun: Maverick. Just an insanely good and well shot movie that felt and was real.

This is a really good way to put it.

Similarly, Fury Road was an incredible theater experience.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
@FLYguy3911 just wanted to clarify and defer to Jack and DP on road running shoes. I love the Ghost model but most of what I do is off-road.

If you do any trails or hiking I highly recommend the Salomon Speedcross. I have the version 4 and they're my favorite pair of shoes.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
So, half marathon update. Beat my PB of 2016, woohoo - this was the third serious attempt (1st time I ran out of gas 2km before finish; 2nd time I ran minute slower, but track was hilly, so on a flat one that day the PB would had fallen already, but ''what ifs'' don't count, obviously).

So now PB went from 1:51:47 to 1:50:43. Gave it my absolute max as evidenced by throwing up slightly after finish line. Munich track is really good for PB attempt - very few turns, long straights, the climbs I don't even want to call climbs, more like some slopes. And last 4km - when you're already questioning the life choices - are all either flat or downhill.

Now, tho... I slept on the 1st floor couch just to avoid stairs.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So, half marathon update. Beat my PB of 2016, woohoo - this was the third serious attempt (1st time I ran out of gas 2km before finish; 2nd time I ran minute slower, but track was hilly, so on a flat one that day the PB would had fallen already, but ''what ifs'' don't count, obviously).

So now PB went from 1:51:47 to 1:50:43. Gave it my absolute max as evidenced by throwing up slightly after finish line. Munich track is really good for PB attempt - very few turns, long straights, the climbs I don't even want to call climbs, more like some slopes. And last 4km - when you're already questioning the life choices - are all either flat or downhill.

Now, tho... I slept on the 1st floor couch just to avoid stairs.
Running that far in one go is for crazy people.

That being said, well done you crazy person!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If you un-check it, you'll get an option to display threads started by people you ignore. At the bottom right of the list of threads, there's an option that says "show ignored content", and if you click on it the thread will appear.

View attachment 592093
Thanks, that works. The only problem is you have to click that every time you view the thread list, but it’s good enough. It would be nice if you could set that as the default behvior somewhere though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad