GDT: #10| Pens vs. Canucks| Sat, Oct. 26 10:00PM EST.| RA | SN-PIT, ESPN+| When A Blind Man Cries... (Sniff/Sniff) ...Is the Road Trip over yet?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Then that is on them. Anyone with an ounce of sense who lived through the last two or three years saw this coming a hundred miles away.

Capitals are out there proving this didn’t need to occur. Dubas brought in a bunch of burnouts and took on bad contracts for low effort players.

This team reeks of the same vibes the Leafs have for years. No fight, no bite. And a bunch of overpaid “depth”.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The team from 01-02 to the lock out did not “try” lol.

it was the definition of the country club attitude led by Lemieux.
They were more just bad rather than not trying.

This team....I don't know. Maybe they're just bad. But they refuse to fire Sullivan so we'll never find out.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Watching Mario in his twilight was fun because we knew the Team had no chance, and shouldn't.

This time we know the Team has no chance, but they should be better than they are, but they are not because reasons.

Which is why watching Sid and Geno in their twilight is more frustrating.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Penguins have not been a relevant hockey team for 3 years. They have not won a playoff round in 7 years.

If these are an extension of the good times it would be surprising, because it seems a lot like the bad times.

I think a Crosby 1-2 month injury could do the team a lot of good. He sucks now anyway.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
We haven't been tough since Asham was here. And he wasn't the reason. For all Bylsma's faults, we weren't afraid to "grind these bitches down".

It’s not about being tough. It’s about having compete.

this is the issue with Beauvillier in the top six. I don’t care if he scores goals. He’s not turning the tide for you shift after shift.

It’s why they should have keep McG or kept Poulin up. They are playing for their jobs. Look at Geekie in Tampa right now. He looked mid as hell and was terrible to start the season.

Coach gave him a chance though and put him in the top six. Now he’s got points in two straight with a big goal tonight.

Meanwhile our coach has our best prospect in the A now on a 4 game scoreless streak. Weird how that’s always the pattern with youth here.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Capitals are out there proving this didn’t need to occur. Dubas brought in a bunch of burnouts and took on bad contracts for low effort players.

This team reeks of the same vibes the Leafs have for years. No fight, no bite. And a bunch of overpaid “depth”.
Did the Caps trade all of their top draft picks for two decades?

Face it. The cupboard has been pretty bare for a while. Rebuilding was the logical thing to do. They chose not to knowing that the team was flawed and unlikely to make the playoffs. They gave Crosby and Malkin a ride off into the sunset. Fine. But, we knew that when they made that decision.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This team is Kyle Dubas’ Leafs in Pittsburgh.

Low heart, low fight, “skill” over compete.
I dunno. Perhaps that's part of it but some of our biggest offenders on the low heart low fight part right now are guys like Karlsson and Crosby. Even Letang who plays like a homicidal maniac on skates hasn't looked right in terms of compete the past few games.

I think reality has set in for these guys that they're not competitive and have no chance to be. It's the same way they looked last year after Guentzel got traded. Eventually they found some pride and snapped out of it but it was too little too late.

Seeing body language like that this early into the season makes it abundantly clear that Sully needs to be gone immediately. But they refuse to do it. A new coach might actually be able to instill some belief in them. Sullivan isn't going to be able to. The players know that they've tried it his way and it hasn't worked.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Did the Caps trade all of their top draft picks for two decades?

Face it. The cupboard has been pretty bare for a while. Rebuilding was the logical thing to do. They chose not to knowing that the team was flawed and unlikely to make the playoffs. They gave Crosby and Malkin a ride off into the sunset. Fine. But, we knew that when they made that decision.

Caps didn’t move any top picks to build their current team.

They made low risk, high value moves like Mangiapane, Chychrun, Milano, Strome, etc. while we are out there acting like Jeff Carter is a legend and giving dorks like Ryan Graves six years.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
IMG_6307.gif

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Looking at the team that JR helped build in Vancouver with the coach that he hired, I wonder where we would be if Mario had given him absolute power. I'll bet that Sully would have been gone after 19. Sully BFF'd someone in the organization.. probably that goofy political guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad