Post-Game Talk: GM 07 | Canucks def. Penguins | 4-3 (Pettersson, Sherwood, Miller, Bains)

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Resign Sherwood longterm right here right now.
Article 50.5(f)(ii) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement reads:

(ii) A Club that wishes to sign a Player to an "extension" of an existing SPC
may do so only in the final year of such SPC.

Sherwood is in the first year of a two year deal. They can extend him starting July 1, 2025.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Have to agree here - saw Sprong throw hits, backcheck, and drive offense from the 4th line tonight. He looked engaged

I’m glad to see this. I was worried his penalty in his own end would draw Tocchet’s ire on what was really a strong night for him. I hope he stays in and is allowed to build off tonight, he was buzzing. And he and Bains seemed to have some good chemistry going, too.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
You may not like it, but this is the most attractive man in the NHL.

1730006914889.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Tocchet with some praise for Brannstrom as well in the post game. Likes the way he's boxing guys out and mentioned giving him more minutes. (He's mentioned giving him more minutes last game too but never did)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’d want to see Brannstrom anchor our PP2, too. Hronek is obviously the guy right now, but I have a sneaking suspicion Brannstrom might be a better distributor and net attacker, like Hughes.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Hoglander has nut checked Aman in like 5 post game videos like this :laugh:

Im not gay but

Ok i can see what Aman was voted as the hottest player in the league

Sprong made the 4th line so much more dangerous. He shouldn't be taken out again.
hold the break

Pens sucks so there wasnt much pressure on the 4th line at home, but on road Sprong's defensvie game can really get exposed

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
WHEW - potential blowout turned into squeaker. Third was about as bad you can play and first wasn't much better. Outside of the "outburst" this wasn't pretty. Looked at another way, however, maybe you could say that you are a decent team when you can win playing like they did for much of the game.

Good

Sherwood - wish you could put some of his energy into a few of the other bodies out there. Virtually carried shifts all game. Like Garland gives it all the time, and like Garland is effective.

Garland - tailed off in the third and couldn't carry as much of the play as he did through first and second. As he sagged, so did the team illustrating his importance.

Lankanin - saves he made early in the second were absolutely critical. Canucks could have easily been down 4 - 0. Again huge late in the game. Looks like a bona vide starter to me.

Hronek - carried Hughes again in his end. I think he has clearly been our best d- man this season.

Brannstrom - did a lot of covering for Desharnais and puck movement was good. Does not seem overwhelmed in his end as might have been feared.

Bains - great to see him score and he put in hard shifts every time out. Might have deserved more time in the third given the way some of the Canucks were playing

Sprong - overall good effort. Was no worse than many in his end and did provide some offensive push. Would play him ahead of Heinen.

Not So Good

Desharnais - his poor skating led directly to two of the goals. Frobert can't come back too soon.

Heinen - back to being no good. Looked to be floating much of the game. Not hard, at all, on his checking and just drifted out of play in the offensive end. The contrast b/t him and a player Sherwood is immense.

de Brusk - needs so be better than this. Not in sync with any of the lines he is put on.

Others

Myers - nice little tribute but it didn't seem to inspire Myers to a very good game. Clubbed at the puck too much and too many shifts were spend thrashing around in his crease and around his net. With Soucy, he did help kill off some time late in the game, but he rarely looked on top of his game.

Miller - One of the reasons the PP struggled. That and Boesers inability to put away chances. Scored, but goal was kind of a fluke.

Pettersson - nice goal but again too much start and stop in his play. Somehow must stay on his feet better. Maybe little indications (baby steps as Miller might say ) in the right direction.

At this point, it's getting clearer who was, and who was not a good off-season pick up. Lankanin and Sherwood appear excellent additions but Desharnais, Heinen, and DeBrusk (and I say Deharnais in particular) look more dubious. Don't think we've seen enough of Forbert or Sprong to say either way. Add that Brasnnstrom trade looks good to date.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad