GDT: #10| Pens vs. Canucks| Sat, Oct. 26 10:00PM EST.| RA | SN-PIT, ESPN+| When A Blind Man Cries... (Sniff/Sniff) ...Is the Road Trip over yet?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
200w.gif

Enjoy the 3 years or so of Skenes before he goes to the real big leagues.

Those 3 years of watching Skenes is better than watching whatever the hell the Penguins are throwing out there.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Malkin looks good. Crosby was good last year. Karlsson had 100 points like 18 months ago. Our bottom 6 is good and producing reasonably well. Every d-man looks like shit and every goalie has early 90s stats. It’s the coach. And even if it isn’t, you have nothing to lose by firing the staff.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Does anyone have Steve McKenna’s number? If I’m going to be expected to stay up until 12:30 to watch this tire fire, I want my pound of flesh via watching that man get his face beat in.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Next few years will actually show who “lived through” the pre-Sid years and who just says that.

It’s been a rough start, but Malkin has been worth admission most nights this season.
Honestly those Pens teams were more fun to watch than this one

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Honestly those Pens teams were more fun to watch than this one

I don’t believe anyone that watched those teams would say that.

There was hope. But those teams were total dogshit with no actual players that were worth watching outside of the few games Mario laced them up.

Grizz and Letang isn’t working at all. Wake up Sully

They haven’t been playing this game lol.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012

There was hope. But those teams were total dogshit with no actual players that were worth watching outside of the few games Mario laced them up.

They were put back together were they not. They were together for a couple shifts there

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
It's quite easy to put the game on while reading a book or playing a game on the PC. Dunno why folks just ghost

Because they are fair weather fans that grew up in an era where their team was incredible and they can’t comprehend that this is what most teams look like every few years.

They were put back together were they not. They were together for a couple shifts there

Petts was out with Letang on his last shift. I think EK is probably getting benched after his game today lol.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

The only truly difficult season to watch was 03-04. AHL level bad. Before that we could follow Mario and in 05-06 Crosby.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Erik Karlsson needs to sit , it won’t happen since it’ll tank any value he has, but I haven’t seen this level of carelessness since Gonchars last bit here

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Fire the coach. Crosby has been terrible again this year. Maybe he's trying to get the coach fired. Whatever. It's tank time.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

That was why they were fun to watch. Occasionally Mario would suit up and if not at least you'd watch a team that tried an you knew they'd get a high pick. They'd have been lucky to beat an AHL team but that was beside the point.

I don't even have hope that this team will tank right. I'm sure they'll find a way to play themselves out of a top 5 pick. But they just really aren't fun to watch at all. The only positive right now at all about this team is Malkin. Even Sid looks lifeless.

I actually went to a game in 03-4 but you'd have to pay me to go to a Pens game the way they look this season.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
That was why they were fun to watch. Occasionally Mario would suit up and if not at least you'd watch a team that tried an you knew they'd get a high pick. They'd have had lucky beating an AHL team but that was beside the point.

I don't even have hope that this team will tank right. I'm sure they'll find a way to play themselves out of a top 5 pick. But they just really aren't fun to watch at all. The only positive right now at all about this team is Malkin. Even Sid looks lifeless.

The team from 01-02 to the lock out did not “try” lol.

it was the definition of the country club attitude led by Lemieux.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Because they are fair weather fans that grew up in an era where their team was incredible and they can’t comprehend that this is what most teams look like every few years.

I'll be honest, I was born in 95'. Watched a good few games in the early 2000s before Sid came. I really Only became cognizant of hockey when Sid came around because I got older. So I fit into that timeline but like fr I just put the game on my tv and sit at my computer gaming unless it's a good ass game.

You right though, a lot of folks are Sid and Geno fans and not Pens fans.

Drunk.
Anyone with an ounce of sense who lived through the last two or three years saw this coming a hundred miles away.
Other than ownership that is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad